8# The rescue

No one's POV
It was morning. While Steven ate breakfast, the other gems were discussing their plan. After Steven finished, they warped to the kindergarten. "Okay everyone. Stay close to each other and watch out for Jasper or Peridot." The tallest of them, Garnet looked worried. "Where are we going ?" The purple one asked. "Hmm I have an idea." The boy said. "Let's split up."
"No way." The Fusion shook her head. "Well Garnet...there is no other choice." Pearl looked at the afro-gem.
Garnet sighed. "Alright but if someone finds them, they call the others. Got it?" She explained. They all nodded. "Wait, Steven can't go alone." Pearl was worried about him. "Oh oh I go with him!" Amethyst literally jumped around them. "Ugh, fine," said Pearl.
"Okay good luck everybody." We all nodded and splited up. "Amethyst let's go straight ahead." The half-gem decided. "As you say Steman." Amethyst giggled. She shape shifted to a helicopter. "Get in ." The gem said.

After a while, they found a huge ship in the near of a hole. Amethyst and Steven went down. "Psch Peridot! Someone is coming!" The small gems both were afraid of that voice. Jasper's voice. The young boy called the other gems and sent his location. "It takes a while. Just wait!" Pearl said. Steven and Amethyst both sighed. "Guess we need Smoky Quartz." The purple Gem chuckled. They hid behind a large stone, near the ship. "Jasper, no one is here." It was Peridot. She was working on the space ship. Her The buff gem was standing behind her. "Whatever. Just do your work." The green one sighed. "I finished it. You can fly to homeworld now," said Peri.
The orange one grinned. "You mean WE can fly to homeworld now."
Peridot gulped. "Jasper let me stay here, please. I won't tell anyone about you. I promise." Peridot looked at Jasper with a begging expression, almost crying. Jasper hesitated for a moment. "Look, I'm sorry for hurting and blaming you. I really am. It's just...I lost my Diamond. I lost my home. I lost my ship and I lost Lapis."
Jasper began to cry. The two gems behind the rock looked at each other with a confused face. "Whoa...Jasper. You just want to go home, don't you? And...you loved Lapis but she rejected you."
The dorito hair shaped gem was looking at the cheeto now.
"Yes. I don't know, why I hurted you. I knew you wouldn't help me so I needed to force you. Lapis will never forgive me. She wouldn't help me. But Steven was so kind. He changed my mind. He helped me. But
I'm sorry. You must go with me." Jasper literally begged Peridot.
"Jasper. If I'm going with you, the diamonds will shatter me. Besides, I don't want to leave this place. It's so beautiful and funny. I made new friends. I'm a crystal gem now. I don't want to go with you. Why do you need me?" The small gem asked. "Because the diamonds won't believe me the report without you. You're a part of the mission. Come with me." Before Peridot could answer, Amethyst and Steven jumped in front of them. They both looked shocked. But then the green gem had a wide grin. "You came back." She said, almost crying. "What are YOU doing here?" Jasper wasn't angry or sad. She was confused. "Jasper, it's time to stop." The little boy went closer to her. "You told me that you changed. I healed you, helped you, talked with you...and this is your kindness?" Steven began to cry. The orange one gasped. "Steven I'm so sorry...I really am." She looked away. "But I need to go home. I need to report everything. I'm sorry." Jasper tried to hug him but he slapped her arm away. "NO YOU'RE NOT. YOU NEVER CHANGED. YOU WILL NEVER CHANGE!" He screamed. He cried even more. Amethyst hugged him. "Psch Steven. It's okay." She tried to calm him down. Jasper was just standing here in front of them, speechless. Peridot looked at Steven. She felt bad for him. "I'm sorry." That was all what the buff gem said. Then she turned her attention to Peridot again. "Let's go." Jasper hold her hand in front of Peridot. "No." Peri shook her head. "What!?" Jasper wanted to take her hand but the green gem slapped it away. "I said no. I want to stay here. With my friends. I love them. I can't leave them. I'm sorry." The orange gem was full of...sadness?
"Fine! I'll go find Lapis. Even if she hates me...". But then Garnet came out of nowhere. "Jasper stop this. If you go to homeworld, they will shatter you."
The buff gem couldn't take it anymore. "I'm...sorry." She tried to punch Garnet. The fusion-gem jumped away. Steven and Amethyst went to Peridot. Jasper wanted to stop them but Garnet was in her way. "Don't touch them!" Garnet kicked Jasper in her face. Jasper summoned her weapon. Same as Garnet. As they were fighting, Steven and Amethyst helped Peridot. She was weak and couldn't stand on her feet. "Oh P-dot. What did Jasper do to you?" The purple gem was worried. "Doesn't matter." Peridot turned her head away from Amethyst. "But Peridot. Your gem is almost cracked and you can't walk. It's all my fault." The little boy was still sad. "No Steven it's okay. Just...can you heal my gem?" She asked with a nervous smile. He nodded. "Of course!" Steven licked his hand and laid it on her gem. It worked. "Wow thanks." Peridot tried to walk but failed. "You need rest." Amethyst helped her. Garnet came back. Her clothes were dirty and her glasses were broken. "Garnet are you okay?" The half-gem asked. She smiled and gave him a thumbs up. "I bubbled Jasper. We can talk to her later." They tree little gems nodded. "Peridot." Garnet looked at her. "Do you want to go home with us?" Garnet smiled again. The green one looked away. "If it's okay for you...yes."
"Of course Peridot. You're our friend."
The tall one smirked. The dorito smiled with tears in her eyes. "Thank you, my friends." Amethyst and Steven giggled. Garnet gave her hand to Peridot. "Let's go home."