3.

..that night

Veronica

"Why did he want you to give me his number?" I asked, completely confused.

"I don't know, he just told me to." Tati shrugged.

"Are you sure you don't have anything to do with this?" I asked as she sat down on my couch.

"Yes, I'm sure." She said and I looked at her for a moment to see if she was lying.

"Mhm." I said skeptically.

"Shut up and just call him." She said.

"I'm not calling, I'm texting." I said to her.

"That's good too." She shrugged.

I looked down at my phone texting the number that she gave to me, I was confused as to why the guy wanted me to have his number but I guess I'll find out.

"What's his name again?" I asked her.

"Sincere." She said and I nodded, typing on my phone.

To: 484-001-1000:
Sincere?
-8:35pm

It took him a while to respond and by the time he finally did, Tati left and I was getting ready for bed.

From: 484-001-1000
Who this
-10:28pm

I thought against texting him back because I don't play the taking forever to text back game but I ended up texting him back anyway.

To: 484-001-1000
Tati's sister.
-10:38pm

When I texted him that, he texted back almost instantly.

From: 484-001-1000
Call me
-10:38pm

I looked at the message and furrowed my eyebrows wondering what this was all for. I then put on my black silk robe and wrapped it around my body as I got into my bed.

I put on my favorite movie of all time Clueless and turned off the lights before I grabbed my phone and called Sincere.

The phone rang for a while before he answered.

"Helluh." His strong accent came through the phone.

"Hey." I said simply.

"Where y'at?" He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Um, home." I said, confusion clear in my voice.

"No, baybeh. I'm asking how are you? I'm sorry." He chuckled, apologizing.

"Oh, I'm fine." I giggled, lowly.

"How are you?" I asked.

"I'm making it happen, sitting here smoking, that's why I told you to call me." He said and I nodded.

"So, why did you want me to have your number?" I asked, getting straight to the point and he chuckled.