31.

when you read, don't just read to respond/comment. read to feel.

...filler (a lot of time gaps, trying to speed this book up a bit)

..1 month later

Veronica

12am (V's birthday)

I laid on my mom's couch with the covers over my head, the time was 12am so I was now 23 years old. Sadly, I was bringing in my birthday alone; I haven't spoken to Sincere since this morning but only because we were both busy. I was working in the salon and he was in New York again for another convention. I was glad that he was out there though because lately I've been having to pretend that I was okay when I knew that I wasn't. I didn't want to be insensitive because I understood that the situation wasn't his fault but it hurt like hell to hear about it and to think about it going down.

Myiesha was no where to be found because I was working on not only a lawsuit but she needed to be arrested. Sincere was against it because he doesn't fuck with the cops or the law, those are his words. He told me to just let him handle it but I felt I needed to do something, I couldn't just let her get away with this.

My phone buzzed as I removed the covers from my head and grabbed it off the charger, returning back under the cover.

From: Sincere❤️
Happy birthday, I love you.

I smiled small as I texted him back.

To: Sincere❤️
Thanks, I love you too.

I locked my phone, closing my eyes as it began to ring. I didn't bother looking at the caller ID, I just answered.

"Hello." I answered with my eyes closed.

"I had to walk out so I could call you real quick." Sincere's voice came through the phone as I heard the wind blowing pretty hard.

"Happy birthday, baybeh." He said to me and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said to him.

"How does it feel to be 23?" He asked and I shrugged.

"The same, I guess." I said and he chuckled.

"Aight. Well, I'll be home in the morning and I need you to be ready." He said.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Don't worry about all that, I just need you to be ready because we have a flight to catch" He said.

"Alright but I'm staying at my mom's. Should I go home now?" I asked him.

"Why you at yo' mama house? She feeling sick?" He asked.

"No, I'm just on the couch." I explained to him and he sighed heavily.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Only time you go over there to stay on the couch is when you're mad at me." He said and I smacked my lips.