six

Tobias and I are laying on the couch watching reruns of Grey's Anatomy. My head is on his lap and his fingers are brushing through my hair. Auggie is on the floor beneath us, Koda's on his bed in the corner, Queenie is curled up at my feet. I have my shirt pulled up over my belly and my fingers are drawing shapes all over it.

Tobias moves his arm from over my chest and makes the outline of a heart on my bare stomach. A few seconds later, I feel as if I'm being punched in the gut, but I soon realize that it's just the baby kicking me. Then I discover he's kicking in the same spot that Tobias traced the heart, so I grab his hand and place it on my belly. His eyes widen, and a bright smile forms on his face. Tobias plants a kiss on top of my head, and I lean my head back so he can kiss me on the lips this time. Pulling back with a laugh, I clutch my stomach as my son kicks me again.

"Oww!!" I exclaim, moving so I'm sitting on Tobias's lap now. Looking towards Tobias, a mischievous grin grows on his face. A shriek escapes my lips when he begins to tickle my sides, and our son continues to kick. Letting out a yell for Tobias to stop, he throws his hands up in surrender, and an involuntary giggle follows.

"This is how it's gonna be for the rest of my life, isn't it? My boys are just gonna gang up on me all the time," I mention, sweeping Tobias's growing hair away from his face.

He presses a kiss to my forehead, after murmuring a "Yeah," into my ear. That earns another giggle from me, and I weave my arms around his neck.

These are the moments I cherish.
𖤐  𖤐  𖤐  𖤐  𖤐
It's the first week of July, and I'm 31 weeks pregnant and I have nine weeks until I'm full term. Tobias has been in Milwaukee for the last couple of days, playing the Brewers. That means I'm home alone, but I think I'm gonna meet Shauna and Chris at the dog park and let our pups run around.

I wish Lynn and Marlene could go too, but Lynn had to work, and Marlene is actually on her honeymoon with Uriah. They got married last week and it was gorgeous. Tobias was fortunately able to go, and I know that made both Uri and Mar really happy because he's like an older brother to the two of them.

After throwing on white and grey striped shorts, a white t-shirt, a thin denim button up shirt, and Birks, I head to the bathroom. I quickly straighten my hair and put on my makeup (which is literally just mascara) before adjusting the constellation chain around my neck and the Pura Vida bracelets on my wrist.

Walking into my bedroom, I pet the sleeping Queenie as I pass the bed. Auggie runs up to me and jumps on me.

"Auggie Doggie! What do you think you're doing, bud?" I excitedly ask as I push him off of me. He wags his tail as I bend down to pet him. Standing up, I walk out to the living room and over to the closet where Tobias and I keep our coats and the dogs' stuff. I grab the two leashes and a tennis ball to throw around for the dogs.

"Auggie, Koda, you guys wanna go to the park?" I shout. Both dogs sprint to me and I smile. Koda doesn't get excited about much anymore, but every time I yell out "park", he goes nuts. Koda and Auggie both sit at my feet as they wait for me to put their leashes on them. Once I do, I grab my backpack and keys from the kitchen counter and walk out the door. Taking the elevator down to the parking garage, Auggie and Koda walk in circles and jump on my the whole way. When we get to car, I open the back door for them to jump in, and then get in myself.

The drive to the dog park is less than ten minutes, so it doesn't take long to get there. As soon as I find a parking spot, I let the dogs out of the car, and start looking for Shauna and Christina. I spot them sitting on a bench by the fence and start walking towards them. Auggie and Koda practically drag me to the park, and once we're inside the fence, I take off their leashes so they can run around.