part 6

Matt and I walk into a dressing room which Shawn, Nash, Cam, Mahogany, Taylor, Aaron and Jack & Jack are in. They all stop talking and look at us when we walk in.

“Hey man, what took you so long” Nash walks up to Matt and punches his shoulder as a joke.

“We had to use the toilet, sorry guys” he laughs and everyone laughs with him. I smile at the fact that he lies instead of telling everyone about my panic attack in the lift. It would’ve been embarrassing.

“Who’s this?” Nash looks at me.

“Celine, my friend” Matt introduces me and looks at me and then looks at Nash.

“Friendddd, right.” He winks and gives me a hug. “I’m Nash” I hug him back and tell him it’s nice to meet him and we all take a seat around the dressing room while Shawn talks about how excited he is. He is performing as a guest to another bands gig. I feel so blessed that I’ll witness his performance. I’m 100% sure one day he will be on his own tour around the world though. Time passes and its Shawn’s turn to get on stage so we all go backstage and watch him through the curtain.

“Hey everyone, my name is Shawn Mendes and I’m going to perform a few songs for you guys today. I hope you like it” he announces into the microphone and the crown cheers and I smile at how far he has come. He starts by singing ‘Sweater Weather’ by The Neighbourhood and my stomach has butterflies from his voice, it’s absolutely beautiful. Mahogany quietly sings along with us backstage and her voice is really good too. But Shawn’s is different, It makes you happy and bubbly inside and it calms you down and makes you smile. He is a perfect guy.

“Wow, his voice is amazing” I look at Matt who looks back at me and nods.

“He is. I hope he gets the recognition he deserves” Matt turns and watches Shawn again but I watch Matt and smile. He looks so happy for his friend. Shawn starts on his second song which is ‘Summertime Sadness’ by Lana Del Rey. “You like her right?” he looks at me.

“Yes, I love her! How did you know?” I’m confused, I never mentioned it to him.

“You wore a shirt with her face on it” he laughs and I laugh too. I can’t believe he paid attention to that. He turns and watches Shawn again but I continue to look at his face. My eyes move from his beautiful eyes down to the point of his nose and then his kissable lips that I wish I could feel.

“Are you staring at me?” he turns to me.

“N-no” I quickly look away and stutter. I feel so embarrassed.

“I can see you from the corner of my eye” he giggles but I continue to look down and I feel my face going red. “But I need to ask you… does this mean I can stare at your face whenever I want too?”

I look up at him and wonder, why would he want to stare at my face? “Trust me, you wouldn’t want to do that!” I blurt out and shake my head.

“Why not? You’re beau-“ he begins but he is cut off by Shawn running backstage towards us.