part 10

*a month later*

Nathan picks up my last suitcase and places it in the back of the taxi. I look at my house for the last time. I'm going to miss this place. I push my backpack into the taxi seat and walk to the door step where Olivia and Nathan are now standing. Before I can say anything Nathan tightly wraps his arms around me and I do the same.

"I'm going to miss you so much" he says.

"Me too. Make sure you visit me" I say and he nods. We stand hugging for another few minutes and once we separate I see him secretly wipe a few tears. Olivia pulls me in for a small hug too.

"Have a safe journey" she smiles and I thank her. I get into my seat in the taxi and feel my eyes water. I'm going to miss everyone so much, Nathan, Olivia, my friends. They've all promised to visit me during summer holidays though. The thought of going to a completely new place gives me anxiety. The taxi begins moving and as we drive out of the road I wave one last time to Nathan and this time I let my tears fall down my face. I check my phone one more time but there are no text messages again. It's been a month since Matt's left and we haven't spoken ever since. I knew he would forget about me. I mean, he is Matt Espinosa, he sees thousands of girls everyday. Still, I thought we could still be friends. After a few hours of deep thinking that hurts my brain we arrive at the airport. I pay the taxi driver with the money Nathan gave me. I carry my backpack on my back and drag two of my suitcases along the ground. I am greeted my a lady who's supposed to guide me on my journey since I'm only 17. That feels good to say... finally 17. I didn't have a huge party though. Just a small get together with friends and stuff. it wasn't too special. The lady guides me through the airport and I go through check up and do everything I need to do and wait for the plane to arrive. I sit in a room with other people getting onto the same flight. They all have someone with them. I wait for an hour then we finally get on the plane. I find my seat which is next to the window and I sit and place my backpack under my legs. The lady sits next to me and we wait to take off.

9 hours later we land in California after a rough flight. I slept most of the time though. Once I get off the plane I can already feel the heat hit my face and I go through the check in thing again. After I've got my luggage I'm greeted by a boy who looks around 19 and a women and a man beside him who I'm guessing are his parents.  Who I'm also guessing are my family.

"Hey" The boy says and takes my luggage from me.

"Thanks" I say quietly.

"Well, I'm sure Nathan has explained you are staying with us now" The lady says and gives me a warm smile and I nod. The women begins introducing herself as Beatrice and her husband as Robert. She tells me about where they live and their family and I respectfully listen although I'm not really interested.

"We are really excited to have you here since we don't have any children of our own" she shrugs and we get into the car that is supposed to take us to my new home. I'm a bit confused though, so who is this guy who carried my luggage? I look at him while he sits at the front seat.

"That's Ian, he's our neighbour. I asked him to help us out today" she nods.

"Nice to meet you" he says and flashes a smile which is pretty damn near to perfect.

"You too, I'm Celine" I smile too but quickly look away because he doesn't break eye contact.

"Pretty name" he says and turns back to face the front. I don't reply to his compliment and instead I check my phone. No text from Matt. Again. I want to speak to him so bad. I decide to text him first even though it seems a bit desperate.

C : I'm in Cali!!

I send a text and lock my phone. We arrive at the house an hour later and I check my phone again but still no text. Where is he?! I put my phone in my pocket again and get out the car and walk towards the house door, following Beatrice and Robert.

"Well I guess I'll take this then" I hear Ian call and he puts on my floral backpack and carries both my suitcases.

"Sorry, I forgot about that" I laugh at him carrying my backpack and walk towards him to take it.

"No dont worry, I got it" he winks and walks beside me. "So I guess we are neighbours then"

"Yeah, we are" I nod.

"I mean since you're new... I can show you around tomorrow" he offers.

"That would be cool" I nod. He seems like a nice guy AND he is pretty cute. I laugh at these thoughts. I don't get the feeling that I get with Matt with him though. Not that the two could compare anyway. But maybe this is a good opportunity to move on from Matt, it's not like we had anything anyway, he's already forgotten about me. Just as I push these thoughts out my head I feel my phone vibrate and I unlock to check it and read it.

Matthew : No way!! We need to meet up ASAP.

I smile at my phone, he hasn't forgotten.