part 26

After an hour I arrive at the station with the taxi and I pay the driver once I get off. I get into the reception and talk to one of the ladies.

"Can I have tickets to California please?" I ask in a tired tone. I feel like crap and everytime I open my mouth its like I'm going to burst into tears.

"Next coach is in three hours. Is that okay?" she ask politely while typing on her computer.

"Sure, yeah" I nod and take my purse out. "How much will that be?"

"$50" she says without looking up at me and I take a few notes out of my purse. I count my money and I only have $35...

"I only have $35" I sigh and look at the lady with my puffy eyes and she finally looks up at me.

"Im sorry, then you can't buy a ticket" she shakes her head and looks away again.

"But I need to get to Cali!" I say and move my messy hair out of my face.

"I'm afraid you will have to pay the full price" she shrugs.

"I haven't got it..." I sigh. "Please just-"

"NEXT CUSTOMER" She shouts and I get pushed out of the way. I put my purse back in my bag and sit on one of the seats with my suitcase. What am I supposed to do now? I unplait my hair and put it in a bun quickly to get it out of my face and think for a few minutes until an idea pops into my mind. I pick up my phone and call Ian.

C : Hello?

I : Hey, Celine! how's the tour?

C : I um... I need your help.

I : sure, whats up? are you okay?

C : I'm fine but I need you to pick me up...

I : from where?

I tell Ian all the details and he agrees to pick me up. He says he can only get here by tomorrow so I'll have to stay in a small hotel over night with the money I have left. I decide thats my only choice so I begin walking alone with my suitcase towards an unfamiliar road. The sky is almost getting dark. I spot a middle aged man coming my way and decide to ask him for directions.

"Excuse me? Do you know any hotels near here?" I ask politely.

"There's one not too far from here" he says and gives me all the directions which I then follow. It takes me about 15 minutes to walk there until I'm standing outside a small hotel which doesn't look expensive at all. I walk into the reception and ask for a room just for a night and I pay them $15 to stay which is good enough. I begin climbing up the stairs and trying to pull my suitcase with me too which is super hard.

"There's a lift on your left" the lady shouts to me but I thank her and don't take the offer. Especially since im alone i'd be scared to go on a lift. As I walk past the lift I remember being stuck in it with Matt a while ago... we weren't even dating then. I smile a little but then the tears fill my eyes again so I quickly swallow and walk up the stairs with my suitcase. I arrive at my room and unlock the door to reveal a small room with just a bed and a small wardrobe in it. I put my suitcase on the bed and quickly change into something comfortable. I put on leggings and a baggy top and then take $10 out of my purse. I decide to go buy something to eat. I jog down the stairs and go to a small market I see at the end of the road. I buy a sandwhich and a small drink which thankfully doesn't cost a lot. By the time I'm back in my hotel room and eating, the sky has gone much darker already. I pick up my phone and see my last messages from Matt and my tears begin to fall down my cheeks again. I want to speak to him. I need him...

"I'm sorry" I type to him and quickly send it before I change my mind. My tears fall onto my phone screen and I wipe it away. I put my left overs in the bin and lay on my bed with my earphones in my ears. I sing quietly to myself.