8

It was raining on the way home. We were both silent and we could hear the rain pattering on the roof.

Alexander... well, he showed no emotion. I looked into his eyes and my heart sank. His face was blank but his eyes were clouded with sorrow. I longed to hold his hand and it was hard to restrain myself. His hands.
They were clutching his trousers, gripping on like his life depended on it.

When we got home I brought him to the bedroom and got him to lie down on the bed and rest. I went to the kitchen to make two hot chocolates.
I smiled. Hot chocolate was kinda our thing. I loved how we had our thing. No, I can't do this. He's too fragile. But...

I'm driving myself insane. I sigh.
I bring Alexander his drink. "Drink up. You'll need it." I smile as cheerily as I could possibly be, passing him his mug. "Do you want me to stay?"
He hesitated. In these moments I took in how defenceless he looked. He was wearing a hoody and he'd pulled it over his longish hair. His hair hadn't been washed in, what looks like, a week. It was curly and messed up. His eyes were slightly red and puffed up from crying. His skin had turned slightly muddy rather than the bright glow it had before.

In those few seconds, I become more and more determined to help him get better.

He whispered a "yes" hoarsely. I smiled, trying as hard as I can not to blush.

We had a few lengthly conversations, although it was mostly me talking about something that had happened and Alexander nodding or reacting silently. It was still a sweet moment.

After almost an hour, I suggest he takes a nap. I tuck him into bed like a cute little child, took our mugs and left after turning off the light. I quietly put the mugs in the washing machine and turned on the news on the lowest volume I could without not being able to hear it.
The weather reporter said that there was a bad storm coming, worse than last night and today and it rained all day. I knew that I couldn't sleep tonight. Alexander would need me.

"Ohhh fork!" I whispered, realising I had been so worried about Alexander that I had completely forgotten about work!! I'd be in big trouble when I got back!
I hoped that my boss would understand. She was quite nice, so I'm sure she'll give me time off. I'll have to get Lafayette and Hercules to look after Alexander for a few hours. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be ok.

Words: 452