19

Red. Red everywhere. I couldn't think straight. There was this ringing in my ear. I became dizzy. I heard a voice whisper "I love you. I always have.."

Holy crap. It was Alexander.

Let me take you back a bit...

Just as the storm had just calmed down when after an hour of sunshine a bad hurricane hit very suddenly. There were people playing outside in the park. People who had gone out to sunbathe on the beach. People going swimming. As soon as I heard the aggressive winds hit the window panes I knew Alexander would not be okay on his own. I was in the middle of making dinner and had to turn everything off before I could get to him, which took a while. I hated the fiddly appliances I had!

I rushed to the living room to see.. well I couldn't see him. He wasn't there! I rushed around the house searching all of the rooms. Even looking out the door that lead to the broken bedroom. I still hadn't enough money to get it fixed. I'd just put a lock on the door. I instantly regretted it though, the winds were so violent I swear it nearly blew me away haha lol. I was freakin out now. Then I realised I hadn't looked in one room. The bathroom. I rushed to it and tried to open it. It was locked. I cursed at myself.

I knocked on it. "Alex? Are you in there?" I asked softly but loud enough for him to hear. I heard him whimper from inside. "Alex it's going to be okay. Just breathe. If you open the door I can help. Just keep breathing." I say in a calming voice. I can hear him crying from the other side of the door. I hear shuffling and clattering. The kind of metal on clay. And then a loud SMASH! I panic a bit. "Alex? Alex what was that?!" I say shakily. "Alex?! Alex what's going on? Alex open the door!" I then hear a yell. A loud one. And dripping. "Alex?! ALEX!" I stand up, shaking. All sorts of ideas are racing through my mind. Questions, suggestions. My mind is just yelling. I start to bang on the door. "Alex!!"
I hear another yell. More dripping. It gets repeated over and over. "ALEX OPEN THE DOOR!!" I start to cry furiously. "Alex! Please!!" I fall to my knees. Alexander!!" I run to the living room and dial in the three digit number. "I need an ambulance! I don't know what's happening but my friend has locked himself in the bathroom and I heard a smash and he was yelled and I heard dripping. It happened multiple times! I think he might be killing himself!" I shout into the receiver.
"Sir we've sent an ambulance to your address but it's going to take a lot longer to get here because of the weather.." I shove the phone down and run back to the bathroom door.
"Alexander for fuck sak-" I shout and bang on the door but it opens slowly revealing a blood-cuddling scene.

Red. Red everywhere. I couldn't think straight. There was this ringing in my ear. I became dizzy. I heard a voice whisper "I love you. I always have. I'll see you on the other side. Thank you.."

Alexander was sprawled across the ground half up by the wall. The floor, the door, the walls, everything covered in deep red blood. There was smashed glass all over the floor and in his hand. His hoodie wasn't grey anymore, it was just coloured a dirty red. One of his sleeves was rolled up showing the hundreds of long deep cuts that pointed from his elbow to his hand.

I stood still.

Words: 633