CHAPTER8

"Ummu,Ummu!!!"
  "My 300 level results are out and guess what? I cleared them all,that means I'll be going to my final lap with no loads" Fahma happily screamed out.

Ummu Sulaim smiled and said"Say Alhamdulillah dear,wishing you the best"
"Did you tell your mother?" She asked.

"Yes I did" Fahma replied in the affirmative.

"MashaaAllah" she added

"Where's Zee? I need to share the good news with her" Fahma asked.

"She's in her room" she answered shortly
"OK" Fahma nodded....

"Assalamu Alaikum,Zee what's up you've been low these days,hope all is good?" Fahma asked.

"Yes dear am fine,just can't believe that it's just 3 months left for me to get wedded. " Zee replied

"InshaaAllah you will just have full faith in Allah,and screw that scare off your mind".OK?" Fahma consoled looking directly into her eyes.

"Yes sure" she cheered up immediately.

"Zee I'll be rounding up next year inshaaAllah and I want to further more but it seems like my dream will be shattered" Fahma said full of worry.

"Why" Zee asked with concern.

"Because my father's relatives want me to get married immediately after my studies and it's not that I don't want to but I hate being forced to do something" She narrated sadly..

"Just keep praying dear,you shall always progress by Allah's will" Zee said.

"Thank you,I can see you're now being a good girl" she teased.

"Hhh yes silly girl"
They all laughed and shove the matter off. They spoke about a lot before Fahma decided to go back home.

"Hea bae,am going home" Fahma said to Zee

"Please don't go,i'm almost done cooking lunch" Ummu Sulaim interfered.

"No thanks,I need to go finish up somethings" she said walking towards the gate.

"Halima!!!!!" Zee shouted.
Fahma turned back immediately with mouth agape..
Why haven't you changed?
I thought you did, why are you always poking your nose into someone's?
Was she speaking to you? Zee shouted at Ummu Sulaim.

"Well-done"someone said sarcastically
They all turned facing the direction of the voice full of surprise.

"Zee well-done, I think you need more motivation, was that how you were taught to speak to your elder ones? I can see that you've grown wings" Ummu Maryam said.

"And you why were you mute when she was misbehaving? Ain't you like an elder sister to her?" Ummu Maryam asked Ummu Sulaim angrily.

"And you madam,was that how I trained you? Why were you standing there like a statue?" She pointed the question at Fahma.

None of them said a word. After few minutes of silence, Ummu Sulaim summoned some courage to speak.

"How did you get in here?"

"The door" she pointed towards the door. "I went out to buy some groceries and on my way back I decided to check on you before going home and to my surprise I heard someone yelling" she added.

"What happened?" She asked
"Nothing" Ummu Sulaim replied.

"OK then I'll have to inform her brother maybe you will tell him what transpired between you two" She added before opening the gate.
"And you,follow me" she  said to Fahma before exiting the house.