7. Too Dangerous to Handle

Jessie made her way to the lab. She opened the door only to hear an explosion making Jessie open the door more to see Howard and another scientist flying back. Howard sat up on his elbows. Jessie walked in and crossed her arms.

"Write that down," Howard said.

"The hell happened to you?" Jessie asked. Stark looked at her. She walked over and helped him stand up.

"I was seeing what was harmful about that device you and Rogers picked up at the Hydra base. Apparently, that explains why." He pointed to the broken window. "It has power strong enough to blast a man back, probably 20 feet or more, or do worse. That was only a small amount so it wasn't too effective."

"Well... That explains how they're so strong. Because they have weapons made from this energy. You're a real dumbass for trying to figure out how it works. But you're a smart dumbass. Good job, Stark." Jessie patted him on the shoulder and walked out of the lab. The next day, she was with Stark in the equipment room.

"Can you go get Steve?" Howard asked. Jessie nodded and left the room. She found Steve kissing a blonde woman, Private Swan. She cleared her throat making Steve quickly pull away.

"Captain, we're ready to see you now," she said walking away. Steve followed her.

"Serge, wait," Steve said. Jessie stopped and turned around.

"Guess you finding a partner wasn't so hard after all."

"Hey, that's not what you thought it was."

"I don't think anything, Cap. Not one thing. You always wanted to be a soldier, and now you are. Just like the rest of us."

"Well what about you and Stark? When will I know not to tell Bucky that you and Stark haven't been... fondueing?"

"You still don't know a damn thing about women. If I catch that again, Peggy will know." Jessie threatened walked through the door, Steve following her. "Stark, tell the Cap what fondue is."

"Fondue is just cheese and bread, my friend," Stark said to Steve, a small laugh in his voice at how the Super Soldier thought fondue was something else.

"Really? I didn't think..." Steve stopped talking before he could make the conversation awkward.

"Or should you, pal. The moment you think you know what's going on in a woman's head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked." Howard and Jessie walked over to a table with cloth on it for a suit. "Me, I concentrate on work. Which at the moment, is about making sure you and your men, plus woman, do not get killed."

"Carbon polymer," Jessie spoke as Howard walked over to a table with shield prototypes on it. "Should withstand your average German bayonet. Although, Hydra's not going to attack you with a pocket knife."

"I hear from Jess you're kind of attached," Stark said motioning to Steve's shield. "And to more than this." Steve and Jessie walked over to the table of shields.

"It's handier than you might think," Steve replied.

"I took the liberty of coming up with some options. This one's fun. She's being fitted with electrical relays that will allow you to-"

"What about this one?" Steve was now holding a circular shield that was underneath the table. 

"No, no. That's just a prototype."

"What's it made of?"

"Vibranium," Jessie replied walking over to a table of guns, lifting up a Pistol. "It's stronger than steel, and a third of the weight."