Chapter Six

"So," Harry began, looking back and forth between Mila and Louis, "you shot him?"

"By accident!" Mila exclaimed, rolling her eyes.

"Lies!" Louis snapped, crossing his arms over his chest. Mila gaped at him, confused at his sudden change in attitude. Only moments ago he had been praising her for shooting this 'Tony' character in the shoulder. All too soon, he was criticizing her again. "The gun was pointed straight at me!"

"Because you had a gun in Zayn's face," Mila pointed out.

"You were pointing a gun at Zayn?" Harry questioned, a brow cocked. Louis let out a sigh and started up a conversation with the newly-met spy. Harry seemed like a nice bloke, Mila had decided. From the way he smiled widely at her every now and then to the way he had been discussing plans with Zayn about finding and taking down McPherson. He was clearly focused on his job, like all professionals should be.

Mila allowed Louis and Harry to bicker away as she turned to face Zayn who had retreated into the empty compartment to the right. He had hauled the two tied up men in with him to cover their tracks. They remained unconscious. Carefully stepping over one of the men's legs, Mila sat down opposite Zayn who was deep in thought, his head leaning back against the wood of the interior. His eyes were closed.

"Are you alright?" she asked quietly, placing the gun down next to her. Zayn didn't say anything, instead he let out a deep sigh.

"Just fabulous," he said sarcastically. "Not only can I have revenge but I can also restore the stolen items to the Association. Two for the price of one." He opened his eyes and stared blankly at the ceiling.

Mila shifted, rubbing her arms absentmindedly. Tony McPherson had been involved in the murder of Zayn's parents and Mila wasn't sure how to make him feel better. Was there anything to say that would make it better?

"I..." Mila began. She trailed off, not sure what she was trying to say. Zayn's eyes lowered to meet her's. "I'm sorry you had to see him - the Tony man. You must want to kill him, right?"

"You guess correctly. Honestly, I'd rather drag him back to the Association so I can torture some information out of him. He's one of our most wanted criminals, after all. I bet he'd have a lot of interesting secrets to tell us. Such as who's working for him in the corporation." Zayn's eyes narrowed. "There's Holly, the quiet yet suspicious looking red-head who thinks everyone hates her. It could be her? Then again, Edward does look like he's hiding something twenty-four seven. Maybe he's the traitor?"

"I hope you find out who it is," Mila said, giving him a reassuring smile. She shuffled forward every so slightly. "I don't know much about spies except the crap I've seen in the James Bond movies, but I can tell you're a great agent, Zayn. Obviously, I'm no expert but I can tell you're dedicated to this life, even if it was something you had never intended to take up..." She felt his eyes on her face and her cheeks tingled with heat. "I know you'll find the liar," she concluded.

"Mila..." Zayn muttered, leaning forward and taking her hand. "Thank you but you have no idea what it's going to be like to lose someone that we've trusted, trained and put our faith in one hundred percent."