seven - thweet and thour thauthe

dear trixie...
i don't know if you feel the same way i do but tonight was really great! you talked a lot about your apartment rent and how it worried you, so i spoke to adore and she said we could maybe look into finding you a roommate? we can maybe go and look at some apartments together? all three of us. you, because you'll be the one living there, adore because she's your best friend and me because we're friends. no, actually, i don't want to say that, that's me friendzoning myself. we really think you would benefit from a roommate. think of it, trix, the rent halved, the housework, too! it'll be simple, babes. can i call you babes? i know that adore does but i think that's in a friendly way and as you can probably tell, i really don't want to be friendly with you. anyway, i think im just typing lots to talk to you more lol. last night was great, i'd love to do it again and tell kim that her food is very good!
kisses - katya xx

two exes. two fucking exes! not only that, but she signed the email off with "kisses."

trixie beamed at her screen, scrolling down the message and letting out a quiet squeal at the last line. she really enjoyed the night before too...

—————————————————

"hey trixthee!" a plump asian women greeted as she arrived at their table.

"hey kim, this is katya." the asian took a moment to examine katya. she wasn't like trixie's normal type. normally, trixie went for girls rather similar to her- very pink, girly and soft. usually trixie's dates were the kind of girls that kim liked to refer to as "uwu-lesbians." they probably had a polaroid wall, a vegan blog where they wrote about their books and cats, and they usually wore flower crowns. but katya was different, obviously.

kim nodded her head in approval at trixie, jotting down her usual order and then taking katyas.

"would you like thome thweet and thour thouthe?" kim asked, her heavy lisp almost overpowering her sentence, but katya managed to figure she was asking if she wanted sweet and sour sauce on her rice.

"oh, sounds delicious, but not today, thank you." kim smiled at her friend once again. nobody was every this polite or understanding, and usually they embarrassed kim by asking "what?" about a million times. but katya didnt. kim could see the cogs turning in her brian, sure, but she was careful not to upset her. that is a good person, right there.

kim didn't actually work as a waitress at the restaurant, but every time trixie had a little meeting, she'd wait her table just to make sure her friend had an escape root. this time however, trixie had a feeling she wouldn't need one.

"how have things been by the way? since ya know..." katya asked, chewing the inside of her cheek in worry that she'd upset trixie.

"oh- much better thanks. just worried about rent and stuff but i haven't done anything stupid again." trixie pulled down her dress slightly to ensure that the marks were covered.

"i assume the rent's too expensive?" there was silence. "oh- shit, no im sorry! it totally wasn't my place to ask you that, i completely overstepped a boundary there and-"

"it is." trixie stated. "it literally took up all of my wages when i had a job, so now i don't even know what to do. i have no money at all."

katya looked at the younger and frowned. she hated trixie being like this. trixie was really sweet and pretty and kind, so how is it fair she suffers like that?

"sorry, this is meant to be us going for dinner, not me complaining or anything."

"no." katya cooed, placing her hand on trixie's across the table and uncrossing her legs under it. "you have nothing to be sorry for." her thumb traced circles on the back of trixie's palm and her feet moved closer to the younger's. trixie gasped slightly when katya's foot hit hers gently, but katya didn't seem to notice.

they spoke for the rest of the night and when the time arrived to depart, trixie placed her half of the bill on the table.

"trixie, no." katya said, placing the full bill's worth of cash on the table.

"katya!" she pushed the money back towards the russian.

"trixie!" the money was being pushed between the two of them. "you said yourself that you're struggling right now, please."

"seriously, katya! it's unfair..."

"fine."

adore arrived to pick trixie up and the lesbians exchanged a hug before leaving. katya slipped a few notes into trixie's bag during the process; she'd been slowly working to open it for the last few minutes.

when trixie got home and saw the cash, she didn't know what to do. but she did know one thing for sure: katya was defiantly something special. and she didn't want that to end.