fifteen - an old friend

dear trixie...
good morning, baby, how did you sleep? i know you've been a little stressed lately. but that's okay, everyone has lows. do you want to come over to mine at some point today? i'm free all day and really bored. also work starts next week! that's something to look forward to, right? xx

trixie sighed as she looked down at the message from her girlfriend. she nodded to herself and then simply replied: 'okay, sure. i'll be over in about fifteen minutes' before pulling herself up out of bed. she'd lost all motivation to do anything lately. her hair wasn't curled and bouncy as usual, but simply pushed back into a messy bun most days. she wouldn't put on cute pink skirts or yellow heels anymore, instead she'd simply survive in sweatpants and hoodies. she, being trixie mattel, obviously looked good nevertheless.

she got up, said hello to adore and then walked down to her car, her keys and some paracetamol stuffed into a small pink velvet backpack.

"is that my sweater?" adore asked, looking at trixie's purple jumper. the blonde shrugged and then nodded.

"probably, yeah." she stated. "it looks like an old lady jumper, though. what, with all the cats on it and stuff. it kind of reminds me of miranda sings."

"yeah well your face reminds me of miranda sings."

"so does your singing voice." trixie said ever so bluntly before opening the door and heading to where her small blue car was.

she hopped in the front seat and groaned, leaning down and hitting her head against the steering wheel. unsure as to why, she had been feeling down lately. it was like every single step was exhausting, every single ray of light was blinding and every small sound was deafening. she picked herself up and shoved some of the rubbish from the floor by her feet and onto the passenger seat.

on her way to katya's house, she stopped at starbucks. her car pulled up by the speaker and she sighed, having to conjure up the effort to communicate with another human.

"hi, can i have a pink drink please?" she asked, trying to seem as nutural as possible.

"sure!" the voice on the other side of the speaker chirped. eventually, she drove a few yards further and was greeted by a worker holding out a pink drink.

"pink drink for- trixie?" she questioned, looking up from the cup. "no way! beatrice elizabeth mattel, we meet again."

the tired looked up from her lap and hummed in confusion, before squinting and realising who it was on the other side of the small counter.

"michelle?" she gasped. "oh my god! hi!"

michelle visarge was a family friend of her's growing up. she was really good friend's with trixie's mother but especially bonded with the young trixie. when michelle moved to la when trixie was fourteen, both hearts were broken. when beatrice moved to the same town, she didn't ever really consider that she'd run into michelle. it had been a good amount of time, and she hadn't yet until that day, so it clearly wasn't too high of a chance.

"what are you doing in la?" michelle asked, still completely gobsmacked to see trixie all grown up. she was driving a car!

trixie laughed, almost immediately cheered up. "oh, i live here now." she grinned. "i have for a long time... and i come to this starbucks every single day, how come i never see you?"

michelle smiled and then looked at the time. "long story. my shift ends in two minutes, meet me inside, squirt?" she suggested. trixie immediately nodded at her second-mother's idea and winked before driving into the car park and going into the coffee shop.

parking took so long that michelle was already seated at a small round table by the time trixie walked in.

"your tits are as big as i remember!" trixie chuckled. this prompted michelle to let out a loud cackle and then snap her hand to her mouth in fear of embarrassment.

"trixie!"

"what?" she smiled. "there's a reason i'm gay, you know. people say it's to do with upbringing..."

"nice pussy." michelle grinned, gesturing towards trixie's sweater.
she then pulled her shirt together a little to cover her cleavage a but more, due to what trixie had said. before beginning to explain her current employment situation to trixie. she had gotten a job with his manager, but he dropped her for some new performer and she had to find something to do. she'd driven past starbucks and saw they were hiring, so decided, as a fully grown woman, to work in a starbucks like she was an eighteen year old.

iconic, if you ask me.

they stayed in that shop for hours and hours and hours.

and katya? she was long forgotten.