☄I'm Still Here (Under the Stars)☄

(Listen once while you read: "One Family" from the movie Tarzan)

"I know what'll make you feel better," Kai said to his mother after a while of comfortable silence.

Him, Dinah, and Normani came out of Dinah's bathroom twenty minutes ago, substituting the hard bathroom floor for the soft king sized in the Poly's bedroom. Once their backs hit the soft sheets, they resumed their cuddle position, holding onto one another tighter than before. It wasn't until a little bit ago that Kai thought of an idea to help cheer Dinah up. He sat up in her and Normani's lap, mainly looking at Dinah before switching his hopeful gaze to his aunt.

"What's that bug?" Dinah asked softly, her voice a little hoarse from the crying she did.

"Well," the six year old began, "I know that besides The Lion King and Lilo and Stitch, you have one other movie that's your favorite."

Normani sported a knowing smile at her handsome nephew, ruffling his curls a little as she finished his thought.

"Treasure Planet?" she asked.

Kai nodded enthusiastically, giggling when his Aunt Mani winked at him.

"We should watch it," Kai said, now looking at his mother hopefully. "It always makes you laugh."

Normani turned her attention to Dinah, running her fingers through her blonde hair as their eyes met.

"He's right love," she said. "It may not get your mind off of Lenny, but it'll certainly put that beautiful smile back on your face."

Dinah smiled just a little, causing Kai and Normani to smile right back at her. She appreciated all that they did for her in these short moments. The least she could do was try to bring herself up for them.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea," she said, never taking her eyes off of Normani's glimmering ones.

Kai giggled excitedly as he got off the bed, dashing back to the theatre room to join everyone else. As Normani was about to rise from the bed herself, Dinah held her wrist gently, bringing her close to her so she could kiss her. Normani smiled against her lips, slipping her fingers in between Dinah's as they continued to kiss. When they departed, the smile on Dinah's face grew a little wider.

"Thank you..." she whispered to the ebony.

Instead of responding verbally, Normani brought her lips to Dinah's forehead, the blonde melting against her before they both got off the bed. Before making her way to the door, Dinah looked back to her vanity, seeing two photos of her and Lenny the night Kai was conceived. She remembered that night vividly. All the memories came flooding back to her, and she could do nothing but smile.

 All the memories came flooding back to her, and she could do nothing but smile