1 ☆Dances☆

Brinley's P.O.V.

The Day is finally here. The Day every high school senior waits so anxiously. And No, it's not grad day. I'm talking about no other than the Ball.

I slowly fixed my golden dress looking at myself in the mirror. I designed this dress myself, I'm really into anything that has to do with art and design. Do I like this? Not really... but everyone keeps telling me that it is beautiful and I should stop worrying.

You see, humans are these weird creatures, we all have such a lack of self esteem sometimes, that we don't realize every insecurity is just in our heads. So even If I thought this dress wasn't the best, I know people think otherwise and that's how I realize it's all in my head.

School isn't far from where I live, so instead of hiring and expensive limo I just decided to walk there. I was going by myself, so it didn't matter at all.

Once I got there I caught a glance of a bunch of teenagers dancing to the loud music, girls' dresses so tight they were rolling up their thighs, making me immediately cringe. I walked more into the hall to look at every small decoration, and I have to admit, it looks stunning. They hadn't chosen a specific theme, but it was all so beautiful in general.

Once I got to take a look at everything and said a few "hellos" I decided to sit at a bench, a little far from the crowded dance floor, not really feeling in a party mood.

Yeah... as if I was ever in a party mood.

If you haven't noticed, I don't like parties... actually.... more like not-being-invited-to-parties. I never had many friends, just one, but I actually wouldn't call it a "best friend" maybe just a close classmate.

And if you were wondering, yes. That's the reason why I'm at the ball by myself. I was always considered the weird art-obsessed girl but no one ever bullied me, they just... ignored my existence, but I never cared about it.

You'd think why would being obsessed with art be a bad thing? It is definitely not. I just have an eccentric taste, maybe a little too "weird" for anyone to appreciate it, so I never show what I draw or design to anyone, not even my family. It all stays in my room.

I got snapped out of my deep thoughts when I saw a figure in front of me, no other than my "friend" Deanna.

"Brin! I've been looking for you everywhere! I'm so sorry I couldn't pick you up, Jay went for me and I couldn't make him wait." She winked, a few giggles left her lips but I could only stare at the blonde girl in front of me, she didn't sound apologetic, At all but honesty I did not care.

"It's totally fine Deanna, I got here myself, I don't mind." I shrugged my shoulders giving her a half smile.

"Gosh you're too weird, I never will understand why you did not get a date." And there we go again. This was the topic every single day since the ball was announced and I was done with it.

Not really invested in our conversation, I tilted my head to the side, my eyes widened when I got to see a guy, eyes glued to his lap where a book laid down. He's reading? At the ball? I wasn't judging him, I actually find it really intriguing.

Should I walk towards him? Maybe it'll be way better than listening to Deanna's rambles.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Hello everyone! So this is the first chapter of the first book I've ever published in wattpad and I'm honestly so excited and nervous for this story and I hope you guys like reading it as much as I like writing it. I know this chapter is a bit short but it will get better I promise

Also, in advance I apologize for any spelling, grammar, etc. Mistakes and feel free to correct them!

❤❤❤❤❤❤

Please vote and comment!