25 ☆ Apologies ☆

"W-what are you talking about Garrett? How could you say that just like that?" I felt my eyes getting watery, and the words getting caught up, forming a lump in my throat, making me unable to say anything else.

"What? I thought you were gonna be happy about it. We can go together and study at Oxford. It's not like you've got anything planned anyway so there's nothing to lose." I saw a genuine oblivion to what was happening right now. Doesn't he realize what he is saying right now?

"Okay first of all, I do have plans okay, and I don't need you or to move anywhere else to accomplish them. I'm not going anywhere with you." With that, I slammed the door closed on his face. At this moment fury had taken over me, and I couldn't think of anything else. But I instantly started regretting it.

I ran to my room, closing the door behind me before Ally and dad would start asking questions. Seriously why does this has to happen? Garrett and I just started dating and we're already fighting. Will it always be like this? If the answer is yes, I'm not sure if it's something worth fighting for.

How could he not realize what he was saying? Things were supposed to be different now. I guess he is still learning. Was I too harsh on him? Maybe I should apologize... or maybe I just need to stop thinking and get some sleep before things get worse. 

I felt the sun rise, making my eyes hurt, I couldn't sleep at all last night. I spent the entire night thinking about what to do about this whole situation, but I didn't get any closure. At all, in fact I think it made things worse.

Did I overreact with Garrett? Why did I tell him I wouldn't go anywhere with him? God, I'm so stupid. I'd love to go to Oxford with him but... I've already decided what I want to do, and Oxford is not in my plans.

With a heavy sigh, I got up from bed, making my way towards the kitchen to grab some breakfast, maybe if I move around and do stuff I won't think about it too much.

"I didn't have the time to tell you Brin, but Garrett looks like a really sweet guy, it looks like he's really trying to keep you." I looked at Ally who was giving me a hopeful smile. Seriously? Why this now?

"Don't exaggerate Ally, he wasn't bad, you'll have to bring him over more often so I can meet him." My dad interrupted Ally. The thing is, I won't be able to bring him often.

Is this a sign? Maybe I should apologize for being so rude and we could sort something out I guess....

I quickly finished my breakfast, getting anxious to see Garrett as soon as possible. I ran towards my room and took a quick shower, then put on the first cloth I saw thrown somewhere, I was too focused on finding him to care about the way I looked.

Once I was ready I got out of the house. Okay so it looks like there's traffic so a taxi might not be good idea. If I walk fast enough, I might get there in ten minutes. Perfect.

Should I tell him I'll go to his house? No. Yes. No? I'll call him. What if he isn't home? Okay where would he go in the first place. He is most likely home.

Stop thinking and do something Brinley.

I heard my inner voice say. Okay, Okay I'll call him. I took my phone out as I kept walking, I pressed dial on Garrett's contact, waited a few seconds, then, nothing. I called again but nothing. Great, he hates me now.

I kept my gaze glued to my phone messaging Garrett, when out of a sudden I felt myself hit onto an unknown figure, making me groan in pain.

"Look where you're going!" I groaned as I rubbed my head.

"I should be the one saying that." Wait. I lifted my gaze to realize who it was. Garrett. "Oh God, Garrett, I-I'm so sorry, I-I didn't know it was you I thought it was someone else and I-" I kept on talking and talking nothing seemed to make me stop until he finally interrupted.

"It's Okay Brinley, calm down." Then and awkward silence took over for a few minutes. "Want to... go for a walk?" He stuttered. Thank God that means he doesn't hate me, at least not yet. I gave him a soft smile while I nodded slowly, then we started walking by each other.

"I'm sorry about last night." We both said at the same time, making us laugh slightly, but those sounds slowly faded away. No one spoke for the next minutes. I'm guessing he is waiting for me to speak before him.

"Look Garrett, I-I'm sorry... I have to admit I was too harsh on you, I understand you just wanted us to be together and I completely misunderstood it..." I sighed looking down, I hope he can forgive me this time, although we still need to find a solution to this problem.

"Please don't apologize Brinley, I was the one who was too harsh... I- didn't realize what I was saying was hurting you... and I know you have your own plans, I didn't mean it that way." With that, I got pulled by Garrett into a tight hug, that could make any worry instantly go away. I love this side of him, I knew was hidden very deep inside him.

We stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Although I wish it could've lasted longer. After our hug, we continued walking, this time our hands were locked together, making me feel at ease. Although there was one thing I couldn't get out of my mind.

"Garrett... what are we gonna do?"