21 ☆ Confessions PT. 1 ☆

After a lot of staring, I felt how my heart beat became faster each second until finally without saying anything, Garrett walked past me. Right, we're nothing anymore...

We all sat down to dinner, this time it was me beside George, and infront of Garrett, Mr. And Mrs. Matthew's sitting across from each other as always.

The mood seemed less tense than last time, the tension was still there, but it wasn't as tangible. At least this time they were chatting with each other. Except for Garrett, who didn't look up from his plate even once the entire dinner.

I wish he would just look up, at least once, I'll take it as a sign that we actually belong together. But he never did, dinner went on, and all I wanted was a look from him, but it never happened.

Maybe it was just never meant to be...

I looked down, to my food. Noticing I had barely touched anything, maybe it wasn't the right moment for coming. The time I have been here has made me realize, I still like Garrett, not George, but Garrett doesn't care about that.

My thoughts got caught off by George calling for everyone's attention, which was totally unnecessary since there's only five people in here.

"I have an announcement for everyone." I looked up at George to see him give his family a triumphant smile, then I looked back at Garrett, who's eyes were still glued into the plate of food.
"The reason why I brought Brinley here today is because she's my girlfriend, and I wanted to present her to you guys formally." His smile was even wider now, my cheeks turned redder from embarrassment.

I looked at the family, who were all speechless, except for Garrett, who seemed to be completely careless about it according to his face, but the fists in his hands said the complete opposite.

"Umm.. George, can I talk to you... in private." I manage to speak some words, before this moment would become any more uncomfortable. I grabbed his hand, pulling him outside, he closed the door behind him, I hope no one listens to what I'm going to say.

"George, why did you tell your parents we are dating?" My expression was serious, I thought I liked him, but the idea of us dating just didn't seem right, and the fact of how he asked it made it even worse.

"What did I say wrong, is there something not true about that?" His question was oblivious, almost as if he didn't realize what he was doing.

"George, I'm sorry but, you never asked me to be your girlfriend in the beginning, and the way you told that to your parents without even asking me is just not correct." My breathing became heavier as my frustration increased as well. God how do I solve this.

"W-what are you trying to say Brin?" His voice seemed shaky. I can't believe I'm left like the bad guy here.

"I-I'm sorry George, I just can't date you." With my bag in hand, I walked away slowly, I was about to leave, when I heard a faint voice speak.

"Is it because of my brother?" Yes it is. But I can't say it out loud. I refused to stop and went away from that house. I hadn't realized when my cheeks had gotten so wet in tears.

I remembered how Garrett not even once looked at me, and how I had hurt George which only made me feel worse. Maybe love is just not for me, it's been two times I end up with the wrong guy.

I reached he park, the tears were dry by now because of the air, I made my way towards the swings, sat down and started swinging, maybe it will help me forget about this horrible date.

An hour had passed without me even realizing it, my body felt cold, but I didn't feel like moving, so all I did was sit on that swing, until out of a sudden I heard a very familiar voice speak.

"So you got what you wanted." I turned to my right which was were he voice comes from, it was no other than Garrett. On one side my heart made a little flip seeing him, the other side just became intrigued of what he means basically.

"What are you talking about?" I rose an eyebrow at him, my brain not really catching up.

"Oh you know, getting to George by me. It definitely worked so I'm happy for you guys." Every word that left his mouth made my heart ache even more.

He actually still believes I used him? Until his point he actually still believes that? That's it, I can't take it anymore.

"Why'd you keep saying that? Don't you think I'd be there with George if I wanted him?! Open your eyes you fucking asshole, why can't you see that you are the one I like and have liked all this entire fucking time." Words just kept coming out of me, each time harder to speak, but apparently louder than usual. All I could feel at that moment was anger.

His face was completely expressionless mine was probably red from fury, and I hadn't realized how close I had gotten to him, our faces were almost touching. Eyes locked, heavy breathing, boiling blood.

"You're lying." He whispered, without moving a single inch back or closer to my face, scared of what might happen next. But then I did the best thing I could think of, the only thing that could come up to my mind with all these emotions.

It was in a matter of seconds, when our lips crashed against each other, so many feelings were being showed in that kiss, so many unspoken words, which only made it more intense, making us both just want to capture the moment and never letting it end.

"Do you still think I'm lying?" I spoke between breaths, after our kiss had finished, our foreheads were touching, and our bodies were completely together. I expected words of anger, words of despise. But instead.

Another kiss..