Chapter 4

The next day Maya wakes up early. She is ready and out on time. That's only because there was no reason to sleep in. She didn't fall asleep at all. She can't forget about the event that occurred two nights ago. When she gets to work she makes sure she doesn't do what she did yesterday. She can't afford to lose this job.

Katie was wiping the tables when Maya decides to approach her.

"Look Katie... I know that you were just looking out for me and for that reason I want to apologise for the way I behaved yesterday."

Katie sighs as she turns around to face her.

"Maya it's fine but it wasn't like you to react that way. If there's something you want to talk about then I am always here for you."

Maya simply nods and thanks her. Katie hasn't been here for long but she has always been friendly with Maya and they became good friends straight away.

It's 2 pm and currently the busiest it has ever been. Maya was glad because her only focus was to serve these beverages to the customers. As the cafe door swings open, the place falls silent.

"Hey dad... table for 2?" Katie asks her father who also happens to accompanied by a female police officer.

The broad and stocky built officer crosses his arms together.
"We are not here for drinks sweetie."

"Good afternoon, is there anything I can help you with?" Jamie walks out from the back.

"We are looking for a Maya Anderson." The female officer replies.

Maya places the cup down and steps forward.

"Yes, I- I'm Maya."

"We'd like you to come to the station immediately." Says the petite female officer.

"For what?"  Maya asks.

"What is it that you need from Maya?" Jamie asks.

"This is regarding a murder investigation so I suggest you come to the station with us now." The male officer says this as he looks straight into Maya's eyes. The female officer looks at him and shakes her head meaning that he shouldn't have said that out loud.

There are a few gasps and mumbling sounds occurring in the cafe. Maya walks out with the officers in silent as she walks past Jamie and Katie who are stunned by what they've just heard.