Chapter 5

Maya is sat in a small room. The walls were painted blue however it needed re-doing. There are 4 black chairs and a table in between. In the corner sat a silver cabinet with numbers written on it.  In front of her there is a recorder placed on the table. Maya knew how this works. The rooms were sound proof and she was sure that she was being watched right now through a camera. This is about whatever happened on the night she went out with a couple of friends for a few drinks. Something horrific happened that night. What does it have to do Maya?

She jumps as she hears the creaking sound of the door opening and closing. It's the same male officer as before. He takes the seat opposite her and places a brown envelope on top of the table. She notices the badge. His name is James. He's giving her the same look as he did in the cafe.

"Do you know why you're here?"

Maya wants to say yes but she doesn't exactly know why.

"No... Why am I here?"

"What do you know about Ciara Jones?"

Maya is confused.
"I don't know who Ciara Jones is."

The officer leans forward showing no emotions.

"You're telling me that you don't know who Ciara Jones is?"

"I don't know any Ciara Jones." Maya is starting to get irritated.

The officer takes out a picture and turns it around in front of Maya.

"So then who is this?" He asks.

Maya's eyes are glued to the picture. It's a picture of a girl who looks very familiar. The girl in the picture has light brown hair, pale skin and dark eyes. She has a pretty smile with dimples on both cheeks. She keeps staring at it before she finally realises who it is.

"I know her."

"So now you know who she is?" The officer questions.

"I mean I don't know her personally. I didn't know that was her name. I just recognise her because she lives in the same apartment, a few doors away from me."

"What has this got to do with me?" 

"What has this got to do with you?" He spits back. 

"You might fool others with this innocent act but you don't fool me. You killed her didn't you?" 

"Are you serious?!" Maya stands up. 

"You killed Ciara and ditched her body into the woods didn't you?." He wants her to confess. 

"I don't have time for this." Maya walks towards the door to leave but stops after the next few words that comes out of his mouth.

"Your mother doesn't really have a good track record does she?"

Maya turns around. "What has this got to do with her?"

"Like mother like daughter right?" 

Maya is now furious. "My mother has stolen and done petty things in the past but that doesn't make me a murderer. It has nothing to do with this." She has no idea why she just defended her mother. 

The officer takes out something from the envelope. 

"She doesn't acknowledge me... It's like she doesn't care about anyone but herself. Why does Maya Anderson Hate me so much." He reads out. 

Maya suddenly feel dizzy. Memories from the other day come flushing back. The blood.

"This was written in her diary."

Maya comes back to her senses. 

"I don't know why she would write something like that. Why would she write my name?"

"Because you're hiding something!" He shouts.

"There is nothing to hide!" She shouts back. 

Saying those words didn't feel right 

He walks towards her and says, "Be ready for what's about to come because we WILL find more evidence connecting you to this case."