Please Don't Cry

A few days later Hux returned. Surprisingly, he just stayed with me. He didn't want to talk me into doing anything, he didn't want to offer me anything, he just wanted to stay there.

He said he really did think I was lonely.

I kind of was.

I couldn't figure out why Kylo didn't like this guy. He was so nice, a bit hot headed, but still nice.

Kylo's POV

I knocked on Phasma's door. This has became extreme. It has got to the point where I had to consult a witch, just to see what I could do. I need Rey. I'm lonely without her.

Phasma opened the door and pulled me in. She said "Don't worry, I heard about everything. We need to talk about what to do."

I leaned over the table and muttered "I love her."

Phasma said "I know that. Everyone knows that. I promise you'll get her back. I have done some studying, and I have thought up a few ways."

I looked at her and asked "Like what?"

"I guess we could possibly time travel, but that may lead to worse. There's also a way for you to become temporarily human. It's extremely risky, but it should work. We could also try to lure her. You're attractive, just try harder. You know you can."

I squinted my eyes and asked "Will that even work?"

"Sure," she responded "It's worked before I think."

I shouted "People don't come back in human form like that!"

We just stared at each other for a moment. She said "Take a seat," and walked off, only to return with a potion of some sort. She poured it into a cup and said "This isn't going to taste very good, but I really think you want to be human."

"I don't want to be human."

"Then chill or I will pour this down your throat. I do believe this would be the best way to get Rey back. You'll be able to walk in the day, and go on church grounds. It only lasts one sunrise and sunset."

I asked "Why don't we just get Hux to get her?"

"Because he's already with her. You know he wants her as bad as you do just to make you jealous. They're staying in the church."

I knew it was idiotic but I grabbed the class and chugged it. I felt fine at first. It took a little while for things to start happening. I got violently sick, and threw up loads of blood. I felt so hungry. It didn't help that my fangs fell out which left me with no chance of a snack. Phasma didn't help me one bit. How could she?

I ended up passing out do to the amounts of pain. I woke up on the floor, crying and weak. My head was pounding. Phasma just stared at me and said "That went well. Go find Rey now. Get up off my floor so I can clean up."

She really did mean that. So I think I've figured out the whole human thing. You are actually alive and it physically hurts, so you do this thing called involuntary breathing which is much different from your typical voluntary breath and your heart beats. It's an odd feeling. Plus you're much slower, and you can't do anything. No wonder Armitage is always so aggravated, he has to be a human most of the time. 

Well after hours of walking and sweating and randomly passing out I finally reached the town. That was my first regret. My second was being stupid enough to walk out into the sunlight. That lead to two different things. My eyes burning, and me being attacked by villagers who thought I was going to harm them.

I was brought to the church, and that's where I saw Rey. She seemed very angered, and really shocked. Mostly shocked that I could sit in a church. I was splashed with Holy Water multiple times, and I had to be examined multiple times to prove that I was human. It was quite annoying. 

At least I got to live. 

That night I was left in the church with Rey, and right when I could have a civil conversation  with her, Armitage Hux stepped into the church. I stared at him, and he just laughed. 

"Look at how pathetic you are right now, Ren. I see you're just flat out human for the next few hours. Absolutely vulnerable."

He was right. I hated it. I hated how Rey stood with him. It felt like my heart had shattered. That's when I realized humans are really sensitive, and cry actual tears. That was a natural response I had no idea how to control. It made me feel weak. Maybe I was.

I had no clue what I was supposed to do in that moment, so I stood my ground. I had no idea how I was supposed to protect what was mine, so I just grabbed the first thing I saw that was stick-like. That so happened to be a pole of some sort. 

"So you want to fight," he snickered. I nodded and he ran towards me. I hated how fast he was. He scratched over one of my eyes, and Rey seemed amused by it. I forgot how he always had claws, and not regular nails. I did what I could to blindly wack the pole at him. 

Surprisingly I heard him cry out in pain.

A simple wack wouldn't have made him do that.

Unless it was silver.

It was silver.

I laughed "In your face you pathetic doggy. I can tolerate silver right now."

Rey stared at me, like she was confused. I thought she was okay with me using language from after her time. She knew I wasn't all proper.

Was it weird now that I'm human?

"What did you do?"

"What do you mean?"

"Everything. You're now human, and you hurt Armitage, and now you are bleeding all over the floor and using strange language. What is the meaning of this?"

I just stared at her. 

"I was protecting you."

She turned away from me and knelt down to Armitage. "You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself."

"Are you mad at me?"

"Mad is too light to put the way I feel, Kylo."

"I'm sorry," I sighed and turned to the door.

"Oh, I'm sorry too. I'm really sorry. I bet you'll know that when you turn back to normal and get your head chopped off," she cried, and hugged Armitage's limp body, sighing, "At least he's not dead."

I felt the absolute worst after that. Why couldn't she just love me? It wasn't right. I was trying my hardest, and I just kept screwing up.