Solemn Gifts To Try To Forgive

I closed my eyes and turned away from her. I sighed "Go back to the sanctuary or the village or somewhere."

I then walked off into the night. I went back to my lonely, dark mansion. So many nights spent here, with Rey, without Rey, and in the company of her as a total stranger almost. I wish that she still loved me the same. I hate to admit it to myself, though I do often, I truly do love affection. I wish I could just change everything, and start over again.

And let me scream it... it was all my fault, how I wish that I wasn't so ignorant. I left her behind, and I was too late to get back to her. She was screaming my name as her head got cut from her body. I wish I could have protected her.

I now wish she still loved me. I walked upstairs into what was our room once. After her death I couldn't bare walking into the room. Not until I found her, and laid her in the bed so she could rest. I sighed, knowing that all this should be her's once again. The dresses, the jewelry, my love and company.

I heard a knock on the door. I paced myself walking down the stairs. Rey was standing outside in the rain. I welcomed her in. She sighed "I knew you'd be here. Look, I'm sorry I was a bit rough on you. You've went soft though. I was hoping we could talk about everything, if it's okay with you."

I nodded and said "I'll make some tea. Don't worry I haven't forgot how you like it."

I walked over to the kitchen and gathered all the things that I'd need. Rey asked "Since when do I drink tea?"

I looked back at her.

"Do you not remember drinking tea? Every morning before we went to sleep we used to."

She shook her head and sighed "I got my head cut off. I'm not going to remember everything."

I started boiling the mixture of water and aged blood. I then went to sit down beside Rey. She sighed "Obviously you've changed a lot. I just remember you being strong, herotic, brave. What happened to that Kylo?"

"You died, and I changed. I stopped anything I wouldn't regularly do."

She passed me a small, paper wrapped box. I picked it up and looked at it.

"Open it."

I gently tore the paper open and looked at the blade inside. She sighed "I want you to be strong like you were for me again. Please just remember how that was."

She kissed my forehead and said "Just for me."

The tea blew and she sighed "And I'll try as hard as I can to remember."

I walked over and fixed the tea for the both of us. It was mostly quiet, and we could feel the morning growing near. I asked "Do you want to stay here or stay somewhere else. I'll protect you from the sunlight if the sun rises while we're still on our way."

She smiled and said "I'll stay here."