Nothing Is Strange

Kylo asked "Are you sure? I doubt that there's anything that you wouldn't look absolutely stunning in."

I laughed "Well I'm a towns worker. You know just mostly rag dresses unless it's like a celebration."

He shifted around in his seat and said "You're a slave."

I should my head and said "No, it's not slavery. It's not like if I were to run away they'd be particularly mad."

He raised an eyebrow and said "Don't worry I'll find a time to have your situation dealt with. I hope you are aware the reason why people don't run away and say all of the light and fluffy stuff is because it is slavery and there isn't a way out except being bought or your master dying out. Or what is it called now? Towns ownership leader if I'm correct. I don't go out much, I hope you can tell I'm accustomed to keeping to myself and what was my family a long time ago as a child."

I nodded and said "I never had a family."

He looked at me and nodded.

"You did. You probably just don't remember them."

"Probably."

He yawned "Well it's quite the early hours of the morning, m'lady. Wouldn't you say? I'll show you to your room once you finish your tea."

I nodded and took the last sip. He smiled warmly at me and said "Follow me."

He led me up the stairs and to my room. He nodded and said "Goodnight, Rey."

I laughed and said "Same to you Kylo."

He then continued walking down the hall. I changed into a nightgown that I found, of which was in the dresser. I then crawled into bed as the sun rose. Believe me I was tired, and for once I didn't care about what time I woke up, because I realized, Kylo didn't care much either.

I had got up during the later hours of the morning and found Kylo's room. I gently opened the door and peeked inside. He was curled up in bed, asleep in his room of mostly darkness. I closed the door and left him be to sleep in peace. I then went and crawled back into bed myself. Of course I fell asleep again. When I woke up the sun was beginning to set.

I got up and put on an evening dress from the closet. I spun around in it. Whoever made these dresses was wonderful. I smiled and walked out into the hall and down the kitchen. Kylo turned around and looked at me. I waved and he asked "How did you sleep?"

I nodded and said "Just fine."

He walked over to the window and asked "So Rey I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me tonight to try to get your master to grant you freedom."

I stood beside him and asked "What about the vampire? It will get us. It's not safe out there. We have to stay here till it's safe."

He sighed "Oh Rey, I think that the people have a wrong opinion on vampires. There's nothing to be afraid of, half the time you don't even know who they are. They only strike when hungry or in self defense. I understand why people are afraid but there's truly nothing to be afraid of. Plus I bet there won't be a killing tonight."

I asked "How do you know this?"

He readjusted his jacket and said "It doesn't matter."

I glared at him and asked "Are you a vampire?"

He laughed "What would make you think that Rey?"

I started running and that's when every candle in the house cut off. I heard all the doors lock. I looked around trying to see anything. I was always met with a pitch black darkness. I started to run towards where I thought the hall would be. I ended up running into a wall. I sat down there and started crying.

I knew it would be an ending for me. There was no chance I'd be leaving this house.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I tried to pull away but there was no where to go. A candle lit and I saw Kylo's face behind it. He sighed "Okay, so you figured it out. I honestly thought it was blandly obvious but apparently not. You're freaking out over nothing. If I wanted you dead I would have killed you already."

I stayed against the wall and asked "Well what do you want me for?"

He just stared at me for a moment before sobbing "I don't know if you'll understand but some vampires will have souls that will live on forever and yours is one of them. I just don't understand why you came back as human. You were my wife in a past life, and now I'm sure of it. I need you. I've missed you so much. I can't let you go again. I promise I'll never hurt you if you just stay here with me. You don't even have to stay here forever just a little while so I can at least say goodbye."

We just stared at each other for a moment and I asked said "Look Kylo, I guess I'll stay here. Just let me to the village every now and then."

He hugged me and said "Okay, I'm okay with that."

I hugged him back and said "I guess I'll be okay with it too."

He rubbed his cheek against my neck and I laughed a little. His face was so soft. I asked "Are you just going to hug me?"

He shook his head and said "No, we should go to your village for your freedom now."