Best days(of school)

You were a junior in high school and everything was going smoothly, you were flying under the radar and had a small group of friends except one thing. That one thing was standing in the hallway with his friend. His name was Damon and he was every high school girls dream. Beautiful eyes, dirty blond hair and anyone who kissed him said he was the greatest kisser ever. Of course him being in a band didn't help either. But he remained single oddly enough. You were about to pass him when you accidentally dropped one of your books.
You reached down to get it until you heard
"There she is!" The boy next to Damon exclaimed quietly.
"Now's your chance" he added
You slowly stood up from retrieving your book and smiled at them both. The boy next to Damon smiled confidently but Damon was blushing like crazy. You walked down the rest of the hallway quickly and afraid to look back. They were talking about you. At least you're pretty sure. You decided to brush it off but it left a smile on your face all day.

You went home feeling happier than ever.
"You're cheerful" your mother greeted you.
"Well it was a good day!" You replied.
"Oh no, here we go" you heard your older sister butt in.
"What?" You got defensive but still smiling.
"Oh Damon looked at me today" she did a horrible impression of you
You immediately started blushing as she did these lovey dovey eyes.
It got silent as she returned to her pen and paper
"Well I hope your not studying acting in college" you retorted
"And I don't have a crush on Damon, I barely even know him, let alone like him" You added.
"Really? That's good, I heard he has a girlfriend" she replied
"Hah liar! No he doesn't" you spat out confidently.
"Oh you didn't hear? Yeah, it's pretty serious actually" she played on
"Oh really? Then why haven't I seen her in uh I don't know maybe school?" You thought you caught her
"Because she's an older girl, how do you think I know? It's the latest news on campus" she replied almost whispering
"What? That can't be possible" you stopped being cheerful and almost fell to your knees.
You walked in the kitchen without another word and got some tea. You sat at the table sipping it slowly not wanting to move.
Then you heard the unmistakable noise of your sister laughing but it wasn't her normal laugh, it was the laugh that she would do when she played a trick on you. You immediately turned red as a tomato and leaped out of the chair. "You lying fuck!" You screamed
"Maybe, maybe not" she struggled to reply because she was laughing so hard.
"(Y/n)! Watch your mouth" your mom called from the kitchen.
Your jaw dropped as you looked at the living room then kitchen then back at the living room.
"She lied to me!" You stomped into the kitchen
"She knows I like Damon and she lied about him having a girlfriend!" You added.
Your mother just held back her laughter.
"Well little does she know he likes me back!" You yelled facing the living room.
"Yeah I think every girl in high school thinks that" she said chuckling.
You felt offended and just trudged to your room

You laid on your bed for a few minutes until you realized Damon's bus gets off across the street. You ran back downstairs but not without a smart remark from your sister which you were too busy to catch.
Outside you started to take a walk towards Damon's house as he got off the bus.
Him and his friend were walking behind you
"Hey damo look who it is"
His friend started laughing
"Graham shut up! She'll hear you" Damon exclaimed
"That's the point, isn't it" He retorted
"I told you she doesn't like me, just drop it" Damon got embarrassed
"Well let's find out" graham spoke as he sped up.
"Hey! Your name is (y/n) right?"
You turned around pretending like you weren't just listening to them
"Oh yeah hi" you said as graham put his arm around you.
"I've seen you around, I'm graham"
He introduced himself
"Damon, my buddy back there" he added pointing to the boy behind you two.
"Hi" you smiled politely and he started blushing while awkwardly saying hi.
"I have a question"
"Graham don't do it!" Damon piped up
"Damon wants to know if you like him" graham asked.
"Well tell your friend damon I've been waiting for him to confess his feelings for a while now and that I'd like his phone number" you said as you stopped walking, pulled away from graham and winked at damon.