Chapter Twenty-Two

Luke (surprise!!!)

I stare at the back of Aspen's head.

How could she possibly not care that her sister is missing?

I'm frantic. I can't stand the fact that I've basically lost her.... in two different ways.

She'll never like me, now that I've ruined her and Michael's relationship.

It's all my fault. I feel awful. I've hurt two people I care about more than anything.

Quietly, I stand up and exit the room. I climb up the stairs, and find myself on her floor.

The room's slightly messy, as if she just up and left. Well, she did, technically.

Her little kitty, Bloom, purrs and presses her flank to my ankle. I can see why she wanted the sweet animal so bad.

I notice her wall full of photos. I approach it, looking at each little picture.

My eyes stop on one hat must've been taken by someone else with her camera. She isn't wearing makeup, her hair is down, and she's laughing, her eyes closed.

I find myself carefully taking the photo from the wall. I stare at it more as it lays in my palm.

The pure mention of her name makes me feel warm inside, butterflies in my stomach, and my skin tingly.

I take my wallet out of my pocket and tuck her inside.

I turn around, sitting on her bed. I put my head in my hands, and think.

Summer. Summer. She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I know she left the house on her own. But what if something happened to her after she left? What if she's lost? What if she's been abducted?

What if she's lying dead in a ditch somewhere?

There are endless possibilities.

I assure myself that she's just fine.

I think of her brown eyes... they always have that little gleam in them.

I think of her long hair. I remember the way it felt to have my hands tangled in it as she kissed me in a way I'd never forget.

I think....

I think I might be in love... with Summer.

---------------------

Summer

"You should go back." Connor reminds me as we flip TV channels, making me feel guilty.

I don't know why I'm so worried. I've been gone a week, and nobody's even cared enough to text me.

"They don't care." I respond, reflecting my thoughts. He shrugs.

"Somebody's gotta care."

"Really? Because I'm pretty sure it isn't them." I retort.

"Do you guys wanna go do something?" Kian asks, entering the room shirtless.

"I don't know." Connor says in a monotone voice. He stops on a reality channel.

"That show is shit." Kian speaks back in and equally monotone voice, making me giggle.

I've missed these guys. They are my real friends.

"Do you want to play Mario Kart or something?" I raise my eyebrows.

"I'm going to kick your ass." Kian challenges, licking his lips and grabbing a controller. I take the other and grin.

"I call Yoshi!" I announce.

"I was about to say that." He groans.

"More like scream it." Connor rolls his eyes, smiling. I slug his shoulder and laugh.

Kian quickly picks Koopa, then the race is on.

He wins the first one, teasing me.

Until I really kick his ass at the last three rounds.

He makes an upset face as I dance around in victory.

Men aren't always right, are they?

///////////////////

That was probably the shortest and crappiest chapter of my whole writing career

Sorry

I will tell you something good, though...

Something big is about to happen!

Vote, comment, fan...

Lots of love!

Kat xxxxx