four; whos that?

jae;
"alright class let's settle down." the teacher yells through the noisy class. the class calms down as the three boys i seen at a locker earlier appears at the doorway. they quickly walk into class and sit into three empty desks in front of connie and i.

"who's that ?" i whisper to connie.

"which one?" she asks. i point to the blonde boy sitting directly in front of me.

"oh that's adam banks , i play hockey with him. he's real nice." she smiles. my eyes light up at the sound of hockey.

"you play hockey?" i ask with excitement. she smiles and nods.

"yeah i play for a team called the ducks. they play too." she says pointing towards the brunette and red head.

"that's so cool!" i say. she smiles.

"yeah, do you play?" she asks. my heart sinks , matthew robbed me of my childhood. i haven't played hockey since i was a kid.

"no. i'd love too though. i haven't played since i was seven." i say. she has a look of guilt on her face when i speak.

"it's fine." i say quietly. i smile to reassure her that i'm okay. she smiles back.

"you should come to one of our practices. there's one tonight if you can make it . coach will let you play and i have an extra pair of skates. maybe you can even join the team." she says excitedly.

"yeah,  i can come to the one tonight!" i say. she smiles at me.

"excuse me ladies." mrs. roman, our teacher , says.
she looks at me and a look realization comes across her face.

"oh jaelyn, come up here. introduce yourself." the entire class turns around and stares. my anxiety rises as i stand up. i walk towards the front of the class.

"uh hi. i'm jae and i like hockey ?" i say as more of a question than a statement. i make eye contact with adam. he smiles at me and i swear to god , i've never felt this good.

sorry this is short! i'm omw to school rn so i couldn't write much:( gonna update soon tho👍🏻