thirty-two: the escape part 2

Jae:

Grayson, Adam, and Luis all stayed over last night to make sure I was okay. I guess we're all going to be together a lot because of all of this. They didn't even want me to go to school today but I somehow convinced them to let me go. Grayson walked me to my locker while the others were with the ducks.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this," Grayson sighs as he leans up against the locker next to mine. I take a deep breath as I gather my books for the day.

"It's fine. This is all gonna be over soon," I say as I shut my locker. He smiles as he runs his fingers over my braided hair.

"Your hair looks pretty today," Gray says as he pulls his hands away.

"Thanks, Gray," I say smiling. His smile fades away as he grabs my English book out of my hand. I look at him confused, that's until I see the piece of paper sticking out of the top.

"What is that?" I ask. As he unfolds the paper, the color drains from his face. He turns the piece of paper around. A picture I made when I was eleven. It was of me and the rest of my family but this time there was an x over my face. There was something so eerie about this, something so dark and evil.

"Whoever is doing this goes to this school," I say as I stare at the paper.

"We have to show this to Luis and Adam,"

+++

"Hey Jae. You okay?" I hear a voice say from behind me. I turn around and see Daisy standing there already in her pads.

"I'm fine?" I say as more of a question. Grayson gives me a look from across the locker room as he gets Adam's attention.

"You seem upset," She says as she sits down next to me. I wasn't upset though, I was just talking and laughing with Luis before he left to go to the bathroom.

"I'm fine," I say as I stand up and walk away. She grabs a hold of my hand and pulls me back towards her.

"I'm sorry Jae," She says. The look on her face made me uncomfortable and that's when I realized that Daisy was the one.

"Get off me you psycho bitch," I say as I shove her off me.

"Jae you need to listen," She says as she steps closer to me. I take a step back, accidentally bumping into Goldberg but I don't really care.

"What are you sorry about? Sorry about what you did? Those letters? The pictures? You're just as sick as he is," I yell at her. The entire team and even coach stood there watching us.

"How do you know?" She asks. That made me furious, she confirmed she was helping Matthew.

"Thanks for confirming it," I say sarcastically. I turn to walk away but the next sentence makes me uneasy.

"I shouldn't have done it I'm so sorry. We need to stop him, he's out there," She yells. I stop dead in my tracks and turn around slowly.

"He's out there? You helped him escape!" I yell as I go to hit her. Adam grabbed me before I could even touch her.

"I'm sorry Jae! We need to stop him," She begs me.

"No, you need to stop him," I say as I walk out of the locker room. I skate onto the ice and hope to god I can forget what she just told me. Something catches my eye as I skate around the rink. A pair of clothes laying along the bleachers. My heart stops when I see the jeans and pink shirt Ashley died in, covering in the blood that escaped her wrist moments before she died. I skate over quickly and press my head against the glass as I start crying. Suddenly, someone comes into view. Someone I wish I never knew.

"Hello Jae,"