Why You Should't Go Out At Night

edited

Once Kaylin was done eating I went upstairs, grabbed a small backpack, a eighteen inch. machete for protection and strapped it to my bag. I grabbed a black and red hunting knife and put a belt on to secure it to my side. I grabbed some water and bear mace then went down stairs. I got a flash light from Kaylin who was carrying her army hunting knife, slipping on her bag and tightening her sneakers. She was wearing a pair of gray skinny jeans, and a gray hoodie. I slipped on a pair of socks and my black combat boots. I put my backpack on, and opened the door.

"Ready?" I asked before walking out into the cold winter air. She gave me a bright smile before replying.

"As ready as I'll ever be." She says, walking out in front of me. I nodded and closed the door, but not before grabbing the keys.

"Keep close to me." I say as I stepped into the darkness. Kaylin stood there before taking off her back and opening it.

"Wanna have some more fun?" She smirked suspiciously, but I still nodded. She pulled out two masks, Once blood red that covered the top half with eyeholes and curved in a frown style above the mouth. The second was a deep gray that went half way down the left side and the bottom half of the right side showing the right eye. I smiled as she gave me the red one, which complimented my outfit while the other one suited hers. We fitted on our masks and walked into the forest.

"No lights?" I asked looking back at her. She nodded, I could hear ragged breaths coming from her mouth holes like the ones from Jason's mask. I put the small light into my hoodie pocket and grabbed her sleeve, just to make sure she was close.

As we walked, the air against out face bit us, but we kept walking. It was quiet out, a bit too quiet. All you could hear was our soft foot steps against the frosted leaves. We shivered once in a while, but most of our heat was concealed in the think layers of the hoodies. It felt like hour before something happened, but it wasn't good type.

"Some one help me!" We heard a woman screams. Kaylin and I looked at each other wide eyed and we slowly crept towards the sound, drawing out weapons. Once we reached there, we saw a man bending over the corpse of what I presume was the woman who called for help. He was dressed in a midnight blue hoodie and black pants. From what I could see, blood littered the small camp sight and the man was eating.

"Eww..." Kaylin whispered into my ear softly. I smell of decay filled my nose, but it didn't bother me as much as it did Kaylin.

"Eyeless Jack..." I whispered back to her, looking in her direction. She nodded not taking her eyes off the man. We softly backed away. Making sure everything was in reach we continued to walk deeper into the forest, even if there was a cannibalistic mad man on the loose.

We continued to walk, keeping our eyes and ears open for any sighs of movement. Suddenly we heard small footsteps run towards us, and we drew out weapons. Mine being the machete while Kaylin grabbed her large dagger. We went back to back, when a small voice spoke.

"You must be new around here." She asked. It sounded like a little girl, like the age of Sally Jack's sister. I turn my head to see a small girl with a pink blood stained nightgown. Her head was riddled with blood and her green eyes glowed in the dark. She cocks her head to the side.

"Yes?" I replied in sort of a question. She let out a creepy giggle before walking towards us. Kaylin took a step back but I kept my ground. I look down at her, giving her a good long stare.

"Oh goody, my name is Sally." She says, reaching her dirty little arms out. Dude I think this is Sally, but Sally seemed more... alive.

"I'm Desiree." I say, taking her hand shaking it while giving her a warm smile. She stares at me shocked but quickly covers her emotions. "This is Kaylin."