9. Dad's in Love

It was breakfast time back in London and the phone rang. Caitlin was fixing herself up in front of the mirror when she heard the incessant ringing.

"Could somebody grab that please?" she called out and since Cisco was nearest the phone, he answered it.

"Snow residence?" he answered then scrunched his eyebrows just as Nora passed by him peeling an orange, "Jocelyn?" he said bewildered.

Nora looked up, "Yes uncle Cisco?"

Cisco gave her a look, "It sounds just like you on the phone...I'm sorry, who did you want to speak to? Jocelyn? Right...a Mildred Plotka for you," he handed her the phone, "weird, she sounded just like your twin," he remarked.

"My twin?" Nora exclaimed surprised, "Very funny uncle Cis," she put the phone to her ear, "Hello? Oh, Mildred darling, how are you?" she said in a melodramatic English accent. If the situation hadn't been so serious, Nora would be rolling on the floor laughing hysterically.

"Hey, how's it going over there?" Jocelyn asked worriedly, bouncing on the balls of her feet as she walked into her en-suite bathroom.

"Oh, everything's quite lovely here. We're expecting a bit of rain today but Mildred, can you...hold on for a moment?" Nora made sure the coast was clear then entered the closet underneath the spiral staircase. She settled herself amongst the coats and pulled the string that turned on the light.

"Okay but hurry – I've got to talk to you." Jocelyn said as she dropped her fake accent and paced her bathroom.

"Okay, now I can talk. Oh my god, mom's incredible. I cannot believe I've lived my entire life without knowing her. She's beautiful and fun and smart and I love the dresses she designs and her photos are amazing. And I got her talking about how her and dad first met and what happened and if you ask me—" her babbling was stopped by a cry at the other end of the line.

"Nora – stop!" an exasperated Jocelyn cried, "We've got a major problem. You're going to have to bring mom out here immediately."

"Immediately? Are you nuts? I've only had one day with her. I'm just getting to know her, I can't. I refuse." Nora said stubbornly as she fished the pockets of the coats for something.

"But this is an emergency. Dad's in love." Jocelyn pleaded but her sister just laughed.

"Get out of here. Dad doesn't fall in love. I mean, not seriously." Nora said and rolled her eyes.

"Trust me; he's serious about this one. He's always holding her hand, kissing her neck, waiting on her hand and foot." Her sister reported disgustedly and Nora found herself sinking to the floor.

"He is?" she asked disbelievingly.

"It's disgusting." Jocelyn snapped.

"Well, you'll have to break 'em up. Sabotage him. Do whatever you have to do." Nora said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"I'm trying but I'm at a slight disadvantage since I only just met the man twelve hours ago. You've got to get back here and help me." Jocelyn pleaded, desperation now in her voice.

"Jocelyn, I can't. I want more time with mom." Nora retorted stubbornly. She found a candy and popped it in her mouth. She looked at the wrapper and smile mischievously.

"What's going on?" Jocelyn cried into the phone, hearing what seemed to be static.

"Joyce! Are you still there? I can barely hear you." Nora exaggeratedly panicked.

"Nora, what're you...?" Jocelyn tried to butt in, "Hello?"

"I think I lost you, Jocelyn!" Nora cried before slamming down the phone.