Year 1.9 EDITED

Edit Nov. 4: I will be revising this chapter — and let me just say you'll probably like it less than my other revisions.

"Another year gone!" Dumbledore said at the End-of-Year Feast. "And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are all a little fuller than they were... you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts..."

Harry was barely listening. He was busy looking over at Ron and Hermione, who both looked put out by the fact that it had not been Professor Snape all along.

"... recent events must be taken into account," Dumbledore was saying when Harry drew his attention back to the High Table.

The room went very still.

"Ahem," said Dumbledore. "I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see. Yes..."

Harry's jaw dropped as the headmaster gave Ron and Hermione a ridiculously high amount of points each for what they did beyond the trapdoor. Then Neville received twenty points for standing up to friends. Gryffindor was in the lead. Dumbledore had taken Slytherin's victory right under their feet.

"And to Harry Potter," Dumbledore added, making Harry's head snap up, "for doing what he thought was best, thirty points."

This pushed Ravenclaw up to second place- and pushed Slytherin down to third.

With a clap of his hands, Dumbledore had the Slytherin colors replaced with Gryffindor red and gold, and even the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were celebrating, just because Slytherin had lost.

But Harry was not pleased. He shook off the congratulatory pats on the back and looked over at Draco, who looked rightfully furious.

The compartment door opened, and in came none other than Fred and George Weasley. "Hiya, Harry!" they greeted him cheerfully.

"Hey."

"Why the long face?"

"Nothing." Harry didn't even look up from the window.

George frowned. "What's wrong?"

Harry looked at them. "Aren't you glad that you beat Slytherin?" he said sarcastically.

"Not really," Fred said. Okay, he had cheered at first, only to realize later that Slytherin had basically been cheated.

"I feel bad now," George added.

"Well, you're the only ones who do," Harry said.

Draco opened the door, faltering when he saw the twins. "Congrats," he said ungraciously.

"No, Malfoy," George said.

"We don't deserve it."

Draco looked taken aback. "What?"

"That should have been another Slytherin victory," Fred said.

"Well." Draco cleared his throat. "I'm glad that there are some decent Weasleys out there." He nodded at Harry before turning away.

The rest of the ride passed by peacefully.

When they got off, Ginny Weasley pointed at him eagerly. "Harry Potter!" she squealed. "Look, Mom! I can see-"

"Be quiet, Ginny, and it's rude to point," Mrs. Weasley scolded her before smiling at Harry. "Busy year?" she said.

"Very," said Harry. "Thanks for the fudge and the sweater, Mrs. Weasley."

"Oh, it was nothing, dear."

"Ready, are you?" Uncle Vernon's voice sounded. Aunt Petunia and Dudley were standing a little way off, looking terrified.

"You must be Harry's family!" said Mrs. Weasley.

"In a manner of speaking," said Uncle Vernon. "Hurry up, boy, we haven't got all day." He walked away.

Both Fred and George stared at the man. He was huge. Very huge.

Fred's eyes ran up and down Harry's body, noticing for the first time just how skinny he was. Sure, he had filled out in his time at Hogwarts, but he was still unusually and probably unhealthily scrawny. He looked back at the two male relatives of Harry's; they were both huge. Lack of food was clearly not an issue.

He looked at George, who nodded slightly. His brother had noticed, too. Something was off about Harry.