Chapter two

It's been a couple of hours since you last gave Clyde your first gift. You honestly couldn't sleep thinking many questions at the top of your head.

What if he threw it away?

Surely he liked it right?

How can I face him again?

What gift can I give him next without seeming creepy??

Did he eat the chocolates?

What if he's allergic??

I must've creeped him out I know I did!

These thoughts kept you up at night. But what made you the most crazy was his small smile you were sure you had seen when you watched him open your letter and chocolates. Planning the next gift of the day was going to be difficult, you didn't know much about him except that he has a smooth accent you could listen to him talk for hours, a gentleman, and about his siblings. But how can you give him a gift everyday until Valentine's Day?

It's the afternoon now and you decided to go for another disguise, maybe listen in and see what else he likes.

Or I could just ask him?

Finally you use your brain cells

Shut up, I don't wanna seem stalkerish though.

Just talk to him dammit

Blushing like crazy at the simple thought of even seeing him again didn't help much. You sat at the bar this time, no particular bartender was there so you swayed side to side on the chair. You were so in thought you didn't hear footsteps and closing of a small door gently lean onto the bar counter in the background.

"What can I get ya miss"

Your heart stopped for the hundredth time. You really would listen to him talk for hours. You look up and see him, he doesn't seem to recognize you from your disguise so you played along.

"A martini please"

He then removes his prosthetic you've seen from afar and makes the martini so quick it was like magic. You went wide eyed when he passed you the glass.

"That was amazing how did you do that??" He looks at you a bit surprised. Nobody must've ever paid him a compliment before. He just stared at you as if waiting for you to make a mean comment but no response came.

Silence filled the air, you felt yourself getting smaller and smaller into a hole of embarrassment.

"Thank you" he whispers.

Looking back up with a bit more assurance you decided to be bold a bit.

"What do you like to do for fun?" You ask as you slowly slide your forefinger around the edge of your drink. You're too interested in Clyde to even sip your drink.

"Well ya see I mainly am at the bar most of my time. So nothin really to do given the Logan family curse is all"

Family curse? Maybe I shouldn't ask about that. Too personal.

"Then what is your favorite food?"

"Burnt bacon mostly. Pretty good to eat when they is crunchy" he says with a small smile.

"That sounds pretty good" you smile back. He seems less tense after talking a while.

"What're ya into miss-"

Crap I gotta think of a name..

"The name is (fake name) and I am into art, music, dancing, and burnt bacon" you giggle nervously. His eyes widened at your list then chuckles again as he cleans the glasses.

"Well miss (fake name) what brings you to West Virginia?"

"Just got out of college, been looking for work honestly. Do you know of a place that's hiring?"

Wow I'm being honest and I'm not freaking out..okay maybe a little.

He stops for a bit and thinks.

"My bar happens to need a cleaner. It gets tiresome trying to have the glasses clean while I am dealing with many customers"

"Well.. I-I mean if you won't mind hiring someone like me then I will do my best while I work here"

"Someone like you?" He asks while raising his eyebrow.

"Y-yeah" you didn't want to explain how having a bit more 'curve' in the hip and stomach areas would include less room for him to move around the bar stand.

"What do ya mean by that? What have ya done to say that?"

You look down at your drink, still untouched. But you grab it and hastily drink it. He notices this and drops the subject for now.

"You can start tomorrow if that works for ya." Surprised he even hired you without much of a checkup. Your eyes lit up at the chance to work with Clyde and you didn't want to lose the chance to get to know him better.

"Thanks so much sir!"

He laughs at your enthusiasm. He's never seen anyone so excited to work with a one armed bartender. Curiosity hit him even harder than the first day he met you a while back, he still can't get you out of his head.

"It's Clyde Logan. But you can call me Clyde (fake name)" you hold out your hand to shake.

"Nice to meet you..sir" he blushes a bit at the formality but you don't notice it. You were too shy to call him by his name just yet. Too many pervy fantasies of you screaming his name are stopping you from saying his name to him.

"What Music are ya into miss?" He asks you.

"I really like country, some classics, (your favorite genres too) and I do have my days where I like to listen to music I can dance to when I'm alone" you cover your mouth at your spilled secret. No one but your best friend knew you danced to crazy music alone. He smiles.

"That sounds real nice. Could be borin when ya work here then. Not very much dancing music in this bar"

"I still think it will be interesting to work here, it feels welcoming and warm. I can't wait to start" you look down smiling the biggest smile you ever made. He blushed at your smile, it was beautiful.

"I'll see ya tomorrow then, have a nice night. Be here by 9:30am"

"Yes sir!" You yell excitedly as you walk to the door after paying. He insisted it was on the house but you snuck a bill as a thank you for making your drink.

In the end, you stopped conversing. He saw you leave and continued working. But before closing you decided to sneak in. It's been only about three hours since your other you came in, you were in your normal clothes but a different wig on. You decided to bring him a mix tape of songs you assumed he liked, or some that reminded you of him along with another poem. Whilst he wasn't looking you wrote:

Roses are red violets are blue, your voice is like music I could listen to.

You blush at your cheesy poem but left it around the same spot and left. Hoping he won't figure it out it was you, not just yet.

Once again, you take a quick peek and you see him open your note staring at the mix tape confused. You were shocked to see him put the mix tape in his shirt pocket.

Is he really going to listen to it??

He kept it! He kept my gift!

Or he just threw it away later

I'm just gonna ignore you on this one. I think he will listen to it.

Whatever

You drove home with a big smile on your face, excited for work tomorrow with an interesting bartender and an arrow through the heart. You never slept so peacefully, not until you saw his smile.