Chapter five

Valentine's Day is getting closer with each passing day, you and Clyde have been awkward around one another since the day he kissed your injured hand. You fell harder and harder the more time you spent working with him, he helped you out when you needed it and still remained protective over you when someone gave you the creeps. He hasn't been able to see through your disguise yet but earl on the other hand felt like you were up to something since he noticed before you were hired someone who looks like you come into the bar after hours and leave a note then vanish for the next day.

It's been almost a two weeks since the incident, everyday you still left Clyde a letter and he kept every single one in the top drawer in his room. Today was your day off and Clyde decided to go into work early, he got up out of bed and as he opened his drawers for clothes he saw his secret admirers letters all in one neat pile. He pulled them out smiling while he recollected his thoughts he had when he received each note everyday since he met (fake name). He couldn't get you from A year ago out of his mind hoping it was you who came back and gave him these letters.

Clyde's POV

This girl doesn't even know me..yet she writes me such sweet little things to me. But why?

Each card said something different, each letter had some sort of heartfelt message to me almost as if she's been watching me  yet getting to know me.

Well that's not so creepy

Will you shut your trap you hell raiser. I didn't ask for you.

Well the little lady sounds like a coo coo to me. Maybe Cauliflower?

Tryin to ignore my inner self I stared at each card I received since meeting (fake name). She looks exactly like the girl from back then, the one who kidnapped my heart in one night with her voice like a siren and disappeared with it without a trace. I smile as I read most of my cards for almost two weeks.

'Roses are red trees are green, your smile makes me feel so serene I could look at you as we watch the sea'

'Roses may be Red and the moon may be bright but when I gaze at you, my breath loses its might'

'Roses are Crimson red, green apples are lime green but would you like to bake a pie with me'

'Imperfection is perfect to which that I agree, I find you truly marvelous when I see your inner worth flare in front of me'

'Strong and kind, both to which I see when I look into your heart and mind. I have strong feelings for you, I'm not just being kind'

Honestly who writes me such letters? Everyday that I get em I get all nervous. It makes my heart race like a horse on the run for the hills..

Back to reader POV/ 3rd person

He thinks as he smiles at the letters you gave him. He puts them back and heads off to work another day at Duck Tape. The moment he walks in he notices you're cleaning the tables, he chuckles as he sees that even on your day off you love being at work. Earl then taps Clyde's shoulder and nods his head towards outside to talk, he follows earl and closes the door.

"Isn't there something fishy bout that girl
Clyde?" Earl asked as he kept looking at you through the window.

"What are you talkin about?" Raising his eyebrow at his friend.

"Listen, I been seeing a girl leaving you them notes round the time she's been here. Don't ya think that's a bit strange?"

"I think you is just overthinking it.." he stares at earl in disbelief. It couldn't be connected, could it?

"Just think bout it boss, I know you're still crushing on the mystery girl from a year ago but you don't know anything about (fake name) and I've seen the way you are around her. I just don't want her to do anything to rile you up and hurt you."

"Thanks earl, I'll bet she's not like that though so let's head on in" Clyde smiles as he pats earl's shoulder then nods to the door before entering. As they began walking in you turned and smiled at Clyde and earl, Clyde became flustered while earl grew evermore suspicious as he stares at your features.

Clyde wanted nothing more than to let you back into work but your hand was still a bit sore from the incident back then so he had to put his foot down slightly.

"(Fake name)?"

"Yeah?"

"Ya know it's your day off right? What're ya doin here cleaning when you should be resting your hand still" his firm tone of voice as he raises his eyebrow at you, that alone made your inner self have some dirty fantasies in mind for later.

"I-i know I just couldn't stay home and do nothing so I wanted to come into work today.." you continue on your work while Clyde watches you in awe yet again. He still couldn't get what earl said out of his mind..what if you were the girl giving him the letters?

-Later during your long break-

Your POV
" I just, I don't want him to know it's me yet atleast not until Valentine's Day." You picked up (f/n) for a short hangout like the college days and now (he/she) is on your case once again.

"Well I think that you should get your fine ass back there and tell the guy that you are like in love with him before some hoe snatches him up" your friend laughs trying to give you some encouragement.

"But what if he doesn't like me back?" You admit your fears again while tightening your grip on the steering wheel.

You truly wanted to tell him and the whole world that you loved him very much from the depth of your soul but the thought of him falling for someone else was a heartbreaking thought you couldn't bare so you wanted to keep the friendship..

"You said if he didn't then you'd leave him alone, you can't hide your feelings like this. Tell him you love him before it's too late"

You both get out of your car to eat at your favorite food place. After more talks of Clyde and the Valentine's Day love madness you decided to have a sleepover at your place after work was done.

You had more letters for Clyde in the glove compartment but you forgot it as you had already entered the bar to continue with your work, then have a chat with Clyde before leaving another poem for him and going home.

(F/n) was confused as (he/she) stared at you and Clyde talking, you were so happy when you talked to him and vice versa. (He/she) wanted you to just tell him from the bottom of your heart already of your feelings for him. As time went by boredom won so (he/she) decided to doodle on some paper as the wait for you continued in the bar, deciding to look into the glove compartment and found one of the letters so he/she decided to take a peek.

'Roses are red violets are blue
I am your secret admirer and I'm in love with you.'

(F/n) smiled as (he/she) read your note and decided to help you out incase you decided to chicken out then explain to him that it's you who loves him all along.