We need to talk

Ace:
"Hey mom" I say grabbing a cookie off the tray. Today there will be no interruptions, just me and my family. God I miss my parents, well one of them so much. My mom brings out a second batch of cookies, since we devour the first batch.
"Oh honey I missed you so much" she says hugging me, and kisses me on the cheek.
"Hey, sweetie" she says as my dad walks downstairs, with a huge fake grin on his face.
I tense up, like I know that you would think I am close with my dad, but ever since I caught him sleeping with another woman, I have hated him. I probably have a brother or sister I don't even know about. My mom has no idea, he threatened to kill my mom, so I kept it a secret. It's been 9 months. I hate to see him kiss mom, knowing that he kissed another woman. I also hate him, but when he calls my mom beautiful, my blood boils.
"Sweetie are you okay" mom asked. Dad gives me a glare knowing that if he leaves my mom, all the money doesn't go with him. That's right my mom is the CEO, my dad is just the husband of the CEO so he has no say in the company.
"I'm fine, I stayed up late with the guys" I say
"Anyway honey, have you guys met our next door neighbors, the Vestas" mom asks
"Ya, I met the girl, she is my age" I say
"Cool, because her mom is one of my high school friends, and I invited them over for dinner"
"Ummmmm cool" trying to cover up my smile, by wiping my mouth, but my mom catches it and grins.
"So do you like her"
I choke on the drink. "No, and even if I like her, we can't be together she is human" I say sadly
"Forgot, because you guys would look cute together"
"You haven't even met her"
"Well I like her already"
"Son we need to talk" my dad's voice rumbles through the house, making my snarl.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mean dad, but I love the mom.
Violet