one.

Like every casual morning, early birds were chirping from their homes that lay at the top of large trees, small squeaks and stomps were coming from the below of peoples shoes, low talks were being shared, and soft snow fell from the sky.

I was walking my way towards the subway that was only a few blocks away from where I was currently at, but I was stopped by a rather large crowd of people surrounding the sounds of the strings of a guitar being strummed.

The lovely sounds coming from the wondrous guitar caught my attention and attracted me; wanting to see who was the possible boy, or girl, that was playing ever so beautifully.

Slowly making my way through the crowd of people that was spread out as a large circle, I was finally close enough to see a young lad sitting in a small snow covered bench playing his acoustic guitar.

He had blonde hair. Though, it was quite obvious that it was dyed, considering the brown roots he had. He was also quite skinny, but not in a bad way, of course. His face was slightly pale and he had these glimmering blue eyes that, (this might sound too corny or cheesy) you could get lost in them.

I listened to the soft notes he played, and even though the lad was not singing, I knew that he was strumming his guitar to the song Somewhere only we know by Keane.

During the entire song, the lad didn't look over to the crowd, not once. Instead, he focused his eyes on his fingers as if to make sure he was playing the right notes. The lad looked so well concentrated, yet he also looked so lost. He would furrow his eyebrows every so-now-and-then, and sometimes, if you listened very closely, you could hear him singing quietly under his breath.

As the song came to an end, he slowly turned his head towards the crowd that was filled with loud cheers that consisted of claps and whistles, and he smiled a small smile with his lips.

As people started lining up to drop a few bills in his black guitar case that laid in the snow, I pulled out a five dollar bill from my wallet and waited patiently by the fading crowd for the line to finish.

When the line came to a final, I quickly made my way towards his case and dropped the bill. I looked up at the lad with a cheeky grin and he smiled, the same smile he had when he first finished playing.

"Do you sing?" I asked, his cheeks turned a light pinkish color as he looked down and shook his head. A small smile formed across my lips at his nervous reaction.

"Are you ready, Niall?" A light tanned and raven haired lad asked the other lad in front of me, who I'm guessing Niall was his name, as he placed a hand on his shoulder.

Niall nodded and gave the tanned boy a smile before doing something with his hands, which confused me a quite bit, but the other lad seemed to know what was happening.

"What was that?" I asked, an eyebrow raised.

Both the lad and Niall looked at me before staring at each other and doing the hand thing, that again, I didn't understand.

"Niall Horan here is deaf. And he was communicating with me through sign language, since Niall doesn't fully like using his voice that often." The raven haired lad said after a minute of him and Niall communicating through sign language.

I was still slightly confused, though. I mean, considering he had heard both the lad and I when we had spoken to him.

"If you don't mind me asking, how was he able to hear the two of us when we confronted him?"

"Niall is deaf. But not fully deaf. He wears a hearing aid that helps him hear a little." I nodded, now less confused.

"Alright. Well, Niall and I have to get going now. I'm Zayn by the way. Zayn Malik." Zayn spoke while Niall finished zipping his guitar back in it's case.

"Harry. Harry Styles. It was nice meeting you Zayn. You as well Niall." I gave them both a smile before they turned around.

I was about to take my separate way from the two lads, but Niall quickly turned around and gave me one last wave before finally going out of sight with his friend Zayn.

_____________________

How was that? Hopefully it wasn't that bad. . .

If there's any mistakes, can you guys please point them out? I already went through this chapter over like, fifty times and I still don't know if I cleared every mistake.

And I know usually normal people say not to point their mistakes out in their stories, but sometimes I'm really bad at editing my works. So yeah. . . Can you all just do that for me? Thanks.

-

Sorry if it's short! Probably the next few chapters will be longer.

I'm really exited for this story and I really can't wait to share it with you all and start updating daily! I already have everything planned out, hopefully it ends up good!

-

Please vote and comment if you like it!

-K