two.

The next morning I was awoken by the loud and obnoxious sound of my alarm banging harshly through my ears. I groaned as I quickly hit the snooze button and lazily rolled out of bed.

I start getting myself ready for work by throwing on a plain white t-shirt, some black skinny jeans, and my brown chelsea boots. I hurriedly do all of my business and fresh-ing up in the bathroom.

By the time I finish, it's 7:45am and I start my short walk to the small diner that's two blocks away from my apartment, that I call work.

During the journey to the diner, I start to think about the events that occurred yesterday. From casually walking to the subway, to watching Niall play his guitar, all the way to finding out Niall is deaf.

In a way, Niall being deaf made me want to know more about him. He seemed quite interesting.

My thoughts kept on surrounding with various of different subjects until I found myself standing in front of the "John's Diner" sign. By the time I got inside, two other workers whom I haven't got to know, considering they barely started working at the diner a few days back, were already present and taking orders from people.

After a few thirty minutes of constantly going back and forth of taking orders and bringing in meals to the right tables, I take a small break and sit by the cash register, waiting for any new costumers to walk in.

Eventually, the small bell that hangs at the top of the entrance, rang. Signaling a new costumer was here, but it wasn't just any costumer, it was Niall and his friend, Zayn.

I watched as the two of them sat by a nearby booth and shared talk with signing, I looked around and noticed that the other two workers were still busy with the other tables, so I quickly grab my notepad and pen and made my way to the booth were Niall and Zayn were seated.

"Hello, welcome to John's Diner, may I take your order?"

"Harry?" I look up from my notepad to see Zayn and Niall looking at me with a hint of surprise-ness in their faces.

I grin, "Hello Zayn. Hello Niall."

"It's nice to see you again, Harry. I didn't know you worked here."

"Yeah, I do. Mondays through Fridays. I get the weekend off."

"No wonder. Niall and I usually come here during the weekends." Zayn laughed lightly and I smiled.

"Well, we'd just like a cup of dark tea for each of us, please." I scribble down the order on my notepad before giving them a small nod and turning around to grab their orders.

I walk back to their booth and set down the cups of tea in front of them, "Would you like anything else?" I ask. Zayn opened his mouth, but before he could answer, he was interrupted by another voice.

"Hey Liam! Get your arse over here! Zayn and Niall are here!" The lad who happened to be one of the workers, shouted to the other worker that was known as Liam; who was currently setting down a few plates in front of a group of people.

"Hey Louis, good to see ya, mate." Zayn spoke as he and Louis shared a small pat in the back before Liam made his way over to our direction.

"Morning Zayn, how are you and Niall holding up?" Liam asked.

"Good. Niall's been doing better. He's been getting better treatment for his ears." Zayn smiled at a mute Niall who was seated across from him.

"That's great!" Liam cheered, and Niall gave him a wide smile; showing off his white braces.

"So, all of you guys know each other?"

"Yep. We were good mates back in High School."

"We still are, actually."

"Well I feel so left out."

"You shouldn't. Just because we didn't know you during our High School years doesn't mean we can't get to know you now. You seem like a great lad!" Louis gives me a huge grin before attacking me in an unexpected hug. I let out a small chuckle and returned it back before Liam, Zayn, and Niall all join in as well.

The hug was short, yet welcoming. It was nice to get to experience it in just a matter of about twenty minutes of barely knowing the lads.

As we pull away, Zayn and Niall both take their seats back in their booth and Liam and Louis bid their farewells to us as they go and greet a few new costumers.

"Well that was nice." I explain. Zayn let's out a small chuckle, "That's Louis for ya."

_____________________

I guess this was okay. I really don't like this, tbh. There wasn't much narry, but next chapter will! Hopefully it'll be up by tomorrow!

-

Any mistakes on here? Please let me now if there is. Thanks.

-

Please vote and comment if ya like it!

-Karlaa'