Chapter 4 : Fake

Leighanne

After the long boring Monday of school finished, I wasted no time going to my locker and getting my books. The drama from Friday seemed to be all that everyone was talking about and thats all I been questioned about all day. I couldn't take it anymore.

I got my books and Chris's too, since he decided not to show up today. After I got his books I was walking out, bumping into the only person I'd been trying to avoid today. Ace.

"Leighanne, why you been hiding from me all day?" He asked, looking offended.

"I didn't see you, sorry," I lied. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"You made eye contact with me like 7 times today. What you mean you ain't see me?"

I sighed. "Fine, I've been avoiding you. I think its best if we leave each other alone."

"What? Why?" He asked, approaching me closer, bracing me up against a locker.

I looked away, shrugging. "Ion know."

"Yeah, right. Its because of Chris, isn't it?" He asked, turning his bottom lip down.

"Yeah..."

"He told you to stop talking to me? You ain't gotta listen to h-"

"He didn't tell me to do anything. I'm doing it on my own to stop all the drama. I know that that fight at the party was because of me."

"You don't understand, Leighanne," He sighed, looking down.

"Then please fill me in! What the hell is the beef about? Y'all acting like y'all killed each other's family."

He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by the principal who was pulling him away from bracing against me.

"Ace, you better back up off of her," Mr. Kint warned. "Don't make me get the hose."

Once he was gone, I turned back to Ace. "You were saying?"

"I...I can't tell you," He said, looking down at his shoes. I rolled my eyes.

"Then maybe we should leave each other alone," I declared starting to walk away. He pulled me back.

"You gonna choose him over me, Leigh?"

"Ace, I just met you. Chris has been by me forever. He's my best friend."

"Yeah, right," He sucked his teeth. "If you love that nigga just say so."

"The fuck?" I twisted up my face. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Because I ain't no bitch. I ain't bout to let no girl use me to get her boyfriend jealous when I'm feeling her myself," He stated, clearly getting mad. I scoffed.

"You know what? I'm not gonna tell you again. Me and Chris are just friends. I wasn't trying to play you so get over yourself, okay?" I rolled my eyes, walking away once again. But he followed me.

"Then prove it," He demanded. "Let me take you out."

I silently groaned. "Will that get you to stop harassing me?"

He smirked, shrugging. "Maybe."

"Fine," I agreed. He smiled, nodding.

"Iight, I'll call you."

"Mhmm."

I walked out the school and finally made it to the bus stop since Chris wasn't here to drive me home like he usually did. I got home about hour later and went straight to Chris's house. He opened the door in sweatpants and no shirt, with sweat dripping down his chest and face.

"Wassup?" He nodded at me, walking away toward the living room. I closed door behind me and followed him inside.

"Why didn't come to school today?" I questioned, sitting next to him on the couch.

"I was sick."

I scoffed. "Oh please, sick people don't be working out Chris."

"Iight fine, I just ain't feel like going," He shrugged. "What you gonna do? Spank me?"

"Tuh, no!" I rolled my eyes at his rudeness. "But I did bring your homework."

"Thanks, just what I was feening for. More work," He said, sarcastically. I hit his arm.

"Your welcome, with your rude, ungrateful ass, tuh." I got up, slipping on my shoes.

"Did that nigga talk to you today?" He asked, obviously referring to Ace.

"Yeah..."

"What he say?"

"He asked me to go out with him..."

"And what you say?"

"Uhhhh," I stalled, thinking whether or not if I should lie. I decided against it since Chris would find out anyway, someway or another. "I said yes."

"Leigh, what the fuck?" He stood up, catching one of his bitch tantrums. "After all the shit that happened on Friday, you still wanna talk to this guy?"

"The problem isn't between me and him," I defended myself. "Its between y'all two, remember?"

"Oh so you could go against your best friend like that? I don't fuck with that nigga and you gonna be fake and talk to him anyway."

"Oh Chris, stop the drama," I rolled my eyes. "I swear you're so dramatic. I'm only going out with him. We're not getting married."

He shook his head as if he was disappointed in me. "Iight well, if you'll excuse I gotta finish my workout."

"You kicking me out now because of this? You are so petty!"

"Bye, Leighanne. You know where the door is," He said, turning away and going in his basement where his exercising machines were. I rolled my eyes, walking out his house, slamming the door.