Chapter 11 : Selfish

Leighanne

"Ace, what-what are you doing here?" I stuttered, watching him enter Jaylen's house. I slowly moved back as he neared me with a pistol pointing straight to my forehead.

"What you mean what am I doing here? I came for you, baby. I missed you," He said, smiling devilishly. I shook my head no, crying.

"Ace, please, no," I pleaded after he'd trapped me against the far wall. "Chris!...Chris!"

"Oh that nigga can't save you," He laughed and snapped his fingers. On cue, Vince came in with a bloody, lifeless Chris on his shoulder, laughing hysterically.

"Noooooo!" I yelled, crying harder.

"You coulda been my girl," He scoffed, pressing the gun harder to my forehead. "But you wanna be with lame muthafuckas like him. So thats why you gotta say bye bye, Leighanne."

"Nooooooo!" I cried. "Please!"

BOOOM!

---

I shot up in my bed from the nightmare, drenched in sweat. I wiped my forehead, shaking hard as ever still. The dream seemed so real that I even had real tears in my eyes. There was no way I was sleeping alone.

I rolled outta bed and tiptoed to Chris's room, right next to mine. He was sleeping, of course. So I continued tiptoeing and slid next to him easily. He remained asleep until I lost balance and fell right back on the floor on my ass.

I saw Chris sit up and look around in confusion. I got up quickly, trying to play it off smoothly.

"Whats going on?" He asked, laying back down.

"Chris, I'm scared. I just had a nightmare," I pouted. "Can I sleep with you?"

He smirked, moving over. "Come over here."

I laid next to him and he pulled me closer into his arms so that I felt safe and protected. "Thank you, baby."

"Mhmmm," He hummed, closing his eyes. "What did you dream about anyway?"

"That Ace came," I sighed. "And killed both of us."

"Leigh, I told you that you didn't need to worry about it."

"But still, Chris, I can't help but feel worried. You know my mom called me 18 times today? And my dad must've left 70 voicemails by now."

"Just relax," He mumbled, kissing my neck. "All of this is gonna blow over soon. Trust me."

I squirmed around uncomfortably as he continued kissing my neck and letting his hand trail over my pajama bottoms. He climbed over me, hovering over me, staring into my eyes.

"You trust me?" He whispered, planting sweet kisses all over my neck, arms, and lips. I nodded, feeling chills being sent all over me.

I was still a virgin but I knew Chris wasn't. I'd seen a couple of girls leave his house every now and then. I don't know if he knew if I was a virgin still or not though.

As he continued kissing me, he slowly tugged at my shorts. I lightly pushed his hand away.

"Baby, I'm a little tired," I lied, scared to admit that I just wasn't ready. He nodded, kissing my lips once last time.

"Iight," He said, laying back down next to me.

"Can you hold me, though? Like before?"

He smirked, pulling me into his arms again. "Like this?"

I nodded, resting my hand on his chest. "Just like that."

It was quiet for a moment until he looked at me and nudged me. "Aye, Leigh."