Chapter 12 : In this Together

A/N : { Thank you for the comments & votes! I appreciate them greatly & love all of you for them lol. But just a quick note, after this chapter things are gonna get crazy so bear with me.

Much Love From Paris

MUAH! :x }

Chris

"You sure you wanna do this, nephew?" Uncle Jay asked me after I told him my plan. I nodded.

"I have to, Unc. He brought my parents and friends into this shit. I gotta straighten things out."

He nodded, taking a puff of his blunt and putting his feet on his desk. "Well okay, when you leaving?

"In the morning."

"Does Leigh know?"

"Yeah, she wanna come with me but I ain't letting that happen. Thats definitely outta the question."

He laughed. "She said she wanted to come, huh? Is that what all the arguing and yelling was about earlier?"

"Yeah," I half chuckled, embarrassed he heard it.

"You got a ride or die, CJ," He laughed again. "Leighanne's the type of female to come save you if you was to be in any trouble. She's strong and I could see that. She's just like Elite."

"But still, Unc, what if some shit happens and she ends up getting hurt or killed? Imma feel guilty forever."

"I understand where you coming from, CJ, but like I said before its y'all responsilbity for your own selves. Leighanne is just as much as involved in this as you are. I think she should go with you."

I blew a breath, still not convinced. "Ion know, Unc..."

Just then Leighanne walked in with a plate with a cheeseburger and fries on it and large glass of coke. She smiled at Uncle Jay, ignoring me like she had been doing this morning.

"Uncle Jaylen, I brought you some lunch," She said sweetly, resting the plate and glass on his desk.

"Thank you, baby girl," He said, eating a fry. "Come, have a seat, we need to discuss something."

She plopped down in the chair next to me, folding her arms, mean mugging me from the side. "Whats going on?"

"Well, Chris been telling me about going to Cali for a day to straighten some shit out," Uncle Jay said, already eating his lunch.

"Mhmmmm," She hummed, looking at her nails.

"And you wanted to go?"

She nodded, pouting. "I just wanna go with him to make sure everything will be okay. But he won't let me."

"And I'm still sticking to my answer," I mumbled. She shot me a mean look.

"Now, CJ, like I told you, this might be good if the both of you go," Unc repeated. I sucked my teeth, slumping in my chair.

"It's whatever. If she wanna get killed then so be it," I said, getting and leaving. I walked downstairs to find Char watching Basketball Wives. I sat next to her.

"Whats up, Char?" I asked, resting my head on the back of the couch.

"Just watching these crazy people," She laughed, shaking her head. "Whats wrong? You look stressed out."

"Its just," I sighed. "Leighanne acting stubborn as usual."

"Oh, its the whole thing about going back to Cali, huh?"

"Yeah," I looked over at her. "Unc is making me take her and I just ain't having that. What if something happens to her, you know?"

She nodded, turning down the tv volume. "CJ, honey, I know you're just trying to protect her but I really do think you need to take her. For the sake of the both of you two. You need to go there with someone to back you up and she needs to make sure that you're okay."