Chapter 14 : Backstabbers

Leighanne continued...

"Where you been?" He asked, inching toward me. I backed up.

"Ace, I'm warning you. You better move," I cautioned. He stopped walking and sighed.

"Look, Leigh, I'm sorry for before, iight? I ain't mean to call you a hoe and allat. I never wanna hurt you," He explained.

"I don't believe you," I said, turning to walk away. He stopped me.

"You have to. Shit I'll always have love for you. I was just mad. Me and Chris just had beef for a while now and I'm tryna kill that nigga off. Not you."

"Ace, Chris is important to me and if you wanna kill him, you might as well kill me too. And I mean that," I stated, seriously.

He shook his head. "I-"

He stopped his sentence and ran back to the toilet, throwing up, bright red blood once again. I scrunched my nose up in disgust.

"What the hell is that about?" I asked, not helping but being curious.

He exhaled, sitting on the ground again. "You can't say shit to no one about it."

"About what?"

"I...I got stomach cancer."

"Stomach cancer?"

"Yeah, the doctors just told me. You actually the first one I told since I found out."

"Why don't you tell your parents?"

"I just can't...If I told anyone I care about they gonna worry about me and ion want that shit. Ion wanna be no fucking charity case to no one."

I shrugged, turning to walk away. "Yeah, well good luck."

"Leighanne, can you help me?" He called out. I rolled my eyes, turning back around.

"What did you ask me?"

"I need help from someone. And I can't get it from anyone else. So since I already told you about this shit, can you help me?"

"Ace, are you fucking crazy?" I asked, throwing my hands up. "Do you not remember putting a hit out on us? You trying to kill Chris?"

"I'll take the hit off Chris if you help me. I'll do whatever the fuck you want me to do, just please help me. I'm dying, Leighanne."

I sighed, folding my arms. "Okay, but I swear if you try anything, imma have to end ya life earlier than the cancer does, you understand that?"

He nodded, holding his hands out for me to help him pull him up. I did and looked at him, folding my arms again.

"So what do you want me to do?"

Chris

"Yo, y'all see Leighanne?" I asked everyone after a while. I noticed she was missing from the scene since Ashley and Karma joined us in the living room.

"I think she's still up in the bathroom," Ashely said.

"Oh, okay, imma go check on her," I said, beginning to walk up the stairs. I turned to see Karma following me.

"Chris, can we talk real quick?" She asked, pointing to her bedroom.

She sat on her bed and I sat down too. "Wassup, Karma?"

"I just wanna know, why you chose Leighanne?" She shrugged.

"Huh?" I twisted my face in confusion.

"We were getting on to something, Chris. Remember? We had so much fun at Funtopia and you know I been feeling you for a while now. So why go with my best friend?"