Chapter 10 : All Mine

Chris

I sat in the car with Uncle Jaylen, cruising along Miami streets, bumping to my nigga Migos. We had just got back from shopping with Leighanne, to get some clothes but we dropped her off back at the crib with Char so that we could go get some info.

"What you know about this clown, CJ?" Uncle Jay asked.

"All I know is that his name is Ace and that his uncle was that dude named Z."

He looked over at me in shock. "Z? That assassin?"

I nodded. "Yeah him."

"Damn, that nigga was crazy. Word on the street is that he got killed."

"Yeah, I was there when it happened too. He rolled up with Ace and started some shit with my crew. The next thing I know I'm fighting Ace and his uncle gets shot and Ace shoots my best friend Aaron. He got away though."

"Is this how all the beef began?"

"Kinda but it didn't fully start until he came to my school. He was tryna talk to Leigh and I was tryna get her away from him because I knew he was dangerous. But by the time I got her to listen, he was feeling her too much and he got mad once she didn't want to talk to him anymore."

Uncle Jay sighed. ''This is dangerous as fuck, CJ, you know that? Not only are they looking for you but Leighanne too. Elite and Chris ain't gonna like this shit."

"Unc, you can't tell them. Ion want them knowing where we are."

"Why not? They have every right to know that their kids are in danger. They not new to this type of shit. Just because they have legal jobs don't mean they ain't know about this."

"Please? I just don't wanna any connection to them until this over."

"Fine," He exhaled, pulling into the parking lot by some building. "But lemme tell you something. I am not taking any responsibility for you or Leigh if something happens. I'm just helping y'all get away and be safe and get this hit off of you. But if you two not gonna tell your fathers about this, thats on y'all. I am not gonna take the blame and get yelled at by y'all fathers."

I nodded, simply. "Iight."

We walked out the car and toward the building and was instantly granted access. Uncle Jay led me to a room in the back and opened the door with a key. The room was a small office that had cabinets, a flat screen, carpet, and couches. It looked like somebody's living room.

"Damn, Unc, this all you?" I asked, sitting on one of the couches.

"Yeah. This is my work area," He chuckled. "Ya see, Elite, your father, and I all started a dope business when we were your age. But then they got you and Leighanne and got out to get real jobs. Leaving me to run the business by myself. I moved out here and business never been better."

"My father was in the game?" I asked, sincerely shocked. I never knew he was.

"Yup," He laughed. "Until you came around that is."

He picked a cell phone on his desk and dialed 2 numbers. "Yea, O, gather the squad up and come to the spot."

He hung up and turned on the tv. "Just give them a lil bit of time to get here. We gonna get some info and see what we gonna do from there."

"Iight. I really appreciate this, Unc."

"Its nothing. You family," He shrugged. "How ya parents doing?"

"Ehh," I sighed. "We in a weird place right now."

"What you mean?"

"Lets just say I got into a little trouble and before I came here they was gonna send me to live with my grandma."