Chapter 18 : Friendships Destroyed

Leighanne

"Good morning, Char," I pecked her cheek, entering the kitchen.

"Morning, baby girl," She replied, putting down her phone and looking up at me. "Where have you been, Missy? I felt like I haven't seen you in ages."

"Me and Chris went to back Cali for a little while," I said, pouring myself orange juice. "We came back yesterday afternoon."

"Well is everything okay?"

"No. Everything is a mess right now," I sighed, taking a seat near her. "One of me and Chris's friend from gradeschool got killed and another one got arrested."

"Oh my god," She gasped. "And what about Ace?"

"He's dead too. And his girlfriend saw the whole thing. She might've told the cops on us."

She shook her head. "This is too much to deal with. Now you two gotta stay in Florida for a while longer. Its definitely hell in California."

I nodded. "For sure."

Thats when Jaylen and Chris walked in, fully dressed, talking. Chris looked at me and gave a smirk and a wink. I blushed, looking down at my glass of OJ, thinking about last night.

"Good morning, baby," Jaylen said, kissing Charlene.

"Morning. Where are you two going?" She asked.

"We gotta make some moves in the city," Jaylen said, slipping on his sneakers. "We'll be back later."

"You're not gonna eat breakfast first?" Charlene asked them. "I made french toast."

"Nah, baby, we in a rush. Later, iight?" She nodded and kissed his lips before he walked out to the front door, calling out to Chris. "Nephew meet me in the car."

As Chris walked to the door, I followed behind him. "Where you going, baby?"

"Just gonna go get some info with Unc. I'll be back," He said, kissing my lips. "Stay with Charlene."

"In this boring ass house?" I pouted, folding my arms. He chuckled.

"Stop acting like a brat. Imma come home as soon as I can," He assured, pecking my lips repeatedly. I giggled, turning away.

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you, too."

He walked out and I sighed, going back to the kitchen with Charlene. I loved Char but it was boring as hell being in this house all day.

"What are you gonna do today?" I asked her, placing my chin in my palm.

"I have to go to work," She said, taking off her apron which revealed her scrubs. "I'm actually leaving now. Sorry baby girl."

She pecked my cheek and started walking out, handing me $50 on the way out. "Order some pizza and chill out, girl."

I smiled, but I was still unhappy. "Thank you, Char."

She left and I went back to my room to take a shower. Once I was finished, I went back to my room to find my phone ringing off my nightstand. I hesitated but finally decided to answer Ashley.

"Hello?" I answered, nervously.

"Leigh-Leighanne," She whimpered into the phone. I sighed, trying not to cry either. I already knew why she was crying.

"Wassup, Ash?" I asked, pretending not to have a clue.

"Relle's...Relle's dead," She cried.

"Ashley..." I paused, letting tears run down my own face. "I'm so sorry."