Chapter 21 : Johnson Street

Leighanne

I unpacked my last box in me and Chris's new place, while Chris put his clothes away in his closet, still ignoring the hell outta me. He was really getting on my nerves with this Fizz situation. Honestly, the "silent treatment" was not the best way to solve the issue and it was just childish. But its really whatever at this point.

I brought the last empty box outside and came back into the apartment, plopping on the couch, exhausted. We'd been unpacking and organizing all day and I just wanted to sleep.

I closed my eyes and got a good 10 minutes of sleep before the smell of weed lingered in my nose and fucked up my whole flow. I groaned into the pillow, highly annoyed. Chris knew I hated the smell of smoke and he was probably only doing this to get me annoyed.

I got up and walked to the bedroom where he was smoking a blunt on our new bed.

"Seriously, Chris?" I asked, putting a hand on my hip. "Are you really smoking in our new apartment already?"

He ignored me, puffing another cloud of smoke. I rolled my eyes, walking nearer to him.

"Chris, I am not in the mood for this shit. Can you burn it out? Please?"

"For what? This is my crib. Uncle Jay gave this condo to me, remember? You could dip if you don't wanna smell this weed. Go chill with Fizz or some shit."

I bit my lip, two seconds away from going off completely but I kept my cool. Otherwise he and that blunt woulda been out the window already.

"You want me to leave 'your' crib?" I asked him, folding my arms.

"I said dip if you want to," He shrugged. "It really ain't my business, Leighanne."

I nodded slowly, picking up my handbag from the nightstand. "Alright then."

I walked out the condo, slamming the door. I didn't know where I was going but he wanted me gone and thats what I was gonna do. Be gone.

Chris

After Leighanne left, I decided to get my mind off things and try to meet up with my cousin, Dallas, that lived in Florida. I hadn't seen him since I was younger and I ain't know anybody else to turn to. So I called him up to see what he was fucking with.

"Yo," He answered after the first ring.

"Yo, D, its CJ. Wassup?"

"CJ? Wassup, nigga? I ain't hear from you in a minute."

"Yeah, I know but I'm in Florida. You wanna meet up somewhere?"

"Yeah, I was about to hit this club out in the city. You with it?"

"Yeah, I'm with it. Come through, D."

"Iight, gimme ya address, I'll come get you in like an hour."

I gave him the address to the apartment and we agreed on going to some club named Bling in an hour. I took a quick shower and got changed. When I was all good to go, I sat on the couch, thinking on if I should call Leigh.

I was still mad at her but I still needed to know that she was alright. As I was about to click on her number, Dallas started calling to tell me that he was outside.

I walked out to see him braced up against his Lexus, rocking a Rollie on his left wrist. I was shocked to see him like this, especially since he couldn't even afford a ride on the bus when we were younger.

"Look at you, cuz," I dapped him and pulled him into a quick hug. "You ballin on niggas now?"

He laughed, wiping off a smudge off his car with his finger. "Yeah, something like that. You ready to roll?"