Chapter 23 : Praying For A No

Jolie in MM

Leighanne

"Chris, what did I tell you about leaving your clothes all over the damn floor?" I yelled at him from inside the bedroom. I snatched his t-shirt up, shaking my head. Its been like this for three weeks now. He was such a slob now that he had the sling on his arm and expected me to clean up after him.

"Man, why you so loud?" He asked, turning up the volume on the tv in the living room.

"Chris, you really pissing me off, using your arm as an excuse not to clean up after yourself," I said, folding my arms and walking in front of the tv.

"And you needa stop nagging, Leigh, forreal," He said, looking as if I was annoying him. I rolled my eyes, throwing the shirt at him.

"Put it away," I ordered, like I was his mother. He sucked his teeth, grabbing me by my jean loop and pulling my toward him.

"Why you acting miserable?" He asked, tickling me. I laughed, hitting his arm to stop.

"Chris," I gasped. "Move!"

"Nah, say sorry," He continued, pinning me down. I laughed so hard, I was in tears, barely able to speak.

"S-o-r-r-y," I laughed. He smirked, looking down at me satisfied.

"Now call me daddy," He pushed. I rolled my eyes, still smiling.

"Negro, ple-" Before I could finish, I felt throw up crawl up my throat. "Chris, move!"

He let me go and I ran to the bathroom and threw up for what seemed like hours. Soon enough Chris was behind me, holding my hair for me. When I was done, I brushed my teeth and cleaned up as Chris stood by the doorway looking at me in concern.

"You iight, Leigh?" He asked, watching me rinse my mouth out.

"I don't where that came from," I said, drying my mouth off. "I didn't even eat much today except for that smoothie and apple."

He shrugged. "Its probably nothing."

I nodded, following him back out to the living room. We watched a lil Martin until his cell phone rang.

"Yo," He answered. "Wait what?...The hell you mean?...Iight gimme a second."

I looked at him confused. "Chris whats wrong?"

"They bout to kick D out the hospital. I gotta go down there and straighten this shit out."

He got up and went in the bedroom and came back with sweatpants and a fresh white t shirt in less than a minute. I got up and ran behind him. Then we sped off to the hospital.

---

"What you mean he gotta go?" Chris asked Dallas's nurse. "He's still in a coma."

"Yes but he's been in it for a while now and he's not responding to any medication. At this point there's nothing we can do," She explained. "Sorry, sir."

"Oh no no no," Chris shook his head. "Ion wanna hear all that. Thats my cuz and imma do whatever to make sure he pull through this. So how much do I have to pay?"

"Sir-"

"How much?" He repeated, clearly determind to keep Dallas in the hospital.

"I'll talk to someone. Give me a second," She said, disappearing down the hall. Chris took a seat, shaking his head. I rubbed his back.

"Baby, its going to be okay," I soothed him.

"I hope so, Leigh," He said, kissing my knuckle. Just then two girls in heels and leggings strolled up, looking at Chris.