Chapter 9

Cerulean eyes looked out the window, watching the glimmering fairy-lights wrapped around the trees, neon signs flashing out bar and restaurant names and the headlights of cars passing by. The mist on car windows began to condense, leaving a sheen of water droplets running down the glass surface. A small smile emerged on his face as he recognised where Sasuke was taking him. His eyes moved to see his periphery where Sasuke was seated, driving.

'Sasuke you absolute sap.' He thought lovingly, inching to take Sasuke's hand and intertwine their fingers.

Flashback

"Uh... teme this place looks really fancy." Naruto whispered, his crystalline eyes taking in the gorgeous restaurant in front of him. The walls were a gorgeous, pure white with looming columns at the sides of the entrance, giving it an ancient Greek look. His eyes began to wander at the people entering and exiting the restaurant, men wearing fitted, designers suits and the women carrying designers bags, luxurious fur coats covering their shoulders. The blond looked down at his attire - just a simple orange corduroy jacket over a pair of jeans and a white shirt.

Sasuke took Naruto's hand and softly kissed his knuckles, making the whiskered boy burst into a blush.

"Don't worry dobe. I made sure to book a place far away from the crowds. There's no need to be nervous." Sasuke smirked, looking devilishly handsome in his leather jacket and fitted button up. The blond bit his lip nervously, the feelings of 'I do not belong here' rushing into his head.

"Hey..." Naruto jumped up, seeing Sasuke lean closer to gently pull away his lip from his teeth. He felt a little calmer when the raven's hand moved to the back of his head, ruffling his hair softly. Sasuke leaned in closer and placed his lips upon Naruto's and kissed him, the blond returning it back. They stayed like that for a few minutes before Sasuke leaned back slightly. A surge of love erupted in Naruto's chest and before he knew it...

"I love you..."

Both their eyes widened.

Naruto slightly jumped back, fear apparent in his face. 'Oh god... I fucked up. I fucked up. What the hell is wrong with you Naruto?! It was clearly too soon to say it.. oh god he's not on the same page and the teme's probably thinking we are going too fast and now he's going to break up wi-'

"God... I love you too."

That deep wispy voice completely disintegrated Naruto's frantic thoughts. He looked up to see those piercing ebony eyes that were alight, glimmering with adoration that it took his breath away. The blond grinned, launching right into Sasuke who immediately wrapped his arms around his boyfriend, holding him tightly to his body.

"Ready to go?" The raven whispered. Naruto nodded and disentangled himself from Sasuke's arms and smiled brightly and all he could think about was how much he loved the raven in front of him.

"Dobe? C'mon we're here."

Naruto broke out of his trance, looking out the car window to see the familiar, gorgeous restaurant. The same place that changed his life. Nothing much has changed since then in the area. It was still as upscale as before.

Looking at Sasuke, he grinned. " You are such a romantic, don't even deny it." Naruto teased, leaning forward to press a loving kiss on Sasuke's cheek. The raven smirked, getting out of the car, moving to the opposite side to help Naruto out.

"And you love it so don't complain." The raven retaliated back. Naruto giggled, hugging Sasuke's arm as they walked in.

Calming piano music enveloped them as they walked to the reception. The receptionist smiled on seeing the couple.