Chapter 12

Sasuke gritted his teeth, using all his will to keep his composure and not strangle the man sitting across from him with his bare hands. He kept his face impassive but his onxy eyes screamed 'murder.'

Orochimaru leaned back against his chair with a smirk, crossing his legs in content. His straight, long hair flowed down his shoulders like a waterfall with some locks covering his golden-snake eyes. The younger raven felt an eerie chill run through his body just by being in the presence of this eccentric man.

The clock tick, it's sound resonating through the conference room and amplified by the pin drop silence. The men didn't speak a word, their eyes were trained on each other like hawks - waiting for the other to break the silence.

Orochimaru cleared his throat and gave Sasuke a 'pleasant' smile. "Kabuto, would you please get me a cup of water?" The man turned towards his assistant. Kabuto nodded shakily and quickly left the room, relieved to escape from the thick tension in the room. Once the silver-haired man had left, the older raven turned towards Sasuke and grinned, showing off his pearly white teeth.

"Well... it seems as if we can't be in an agreement with each other? That's quite a shame really. I genuinely thought you were capable of solving this." The man frowned but his eyes gleamed with insincerity. Sasuke growled under his breath, looking at the legal documents and contracts in front of him. Oh... how he hated this man with every fibre of his being.

'This partnership is mandatory - for the both of us and this fucker won't even come to a compromise. Who the hell does he think he is? I can't keep saving his shit-show of a company' Sasuke fumed in his head. Taking a calming breath, he observed the snake-like man. "You do understand the position your in right? EcoFund has a huge legal step over you, especially with the angle they are taking with the protection of the endemic birds in Konoha. If they win, your company  will have to file for bankruptcy." Sasuke explained, cursing his father for having corporate relations with Otogakure Oil Refinery in the first place.

'God if he knew what a pain in the ass it would be to be their lawyers...' The younger raven thought.

Orochimaru smirked, leaning forward. He placed his chin on the palm of his hand. "Well... isn't it your job to find a loophole and dig us out of this mess Sasuke?" He answered back with his oil-slick. Sasuke felt a vein pop at his temple, his frustration building in waves. Before he could explode on the man, a knock on the door interrupted him.

"Come in." Sasuke answered, anger clearly evident in his voice. Kabuto walked in, followed by Sakura. The pinkette smiled, carrying a tray with the two glasses of water. She strolled in slowly, exaggerating her stride by trying to walk as if she was walking in a runway. Sakura smiled sweetly at the older raven man, handing him the glass of water.

"Here you go sir. Is there anything else I could do for you?" She asked with her sickly, sweet voice. Orochimaru smiled lewdly, his gold eyes trailing across her face and down her body. "Why thank you..."

"Haruno. Sakura Haruno." She introduced herself, bringing out her hand for a handshake which Orochimaru accepted eagerly.

"My my...  you are quite the head turner. Aren't you a lucky guy Sasuke?" He asked rhetorically, glancing at Sasuke's emotionless face. The raven stayed silent, annoyed by Sakura's interruption. The pinkette beamed at the praised and walked towards Sasuke's side, offering him the other glass.