~Twelve~

"Goddamn it," I'm late, I'm never late, maybe one time when I worked at Walmart.

But that was one time.

I rushed around to the other side of my horrid Jeep, "goddamn it." I hissed under my breath, and I heard the tires raveling against small rocks and debris.

Goddamn it, Derek came at the wrong moment.

I rushed as possible as I could, and I slammed the Jeep door with accidental force of echo. I winced, and before I saw him, I rushed to the sidewalk, not wanting to deal with him.

I had sex with him. Again.

Scott would've been so proud of me, but I left him on the bathroom floor, because I was late for work.

What a terrible friend am I.

Yet, he'll be alright.

"You're avoiding me!" Derek chases behind me, and I stopped abruptly.

God fucking damn it, the universe hates me today. Really, really hates me.

"yes I am. Also I'm late too!" I snapped at him.

Then I did my power walk, to get to work without being really late, and to escape from Derek. Who isn't helping at all.

I groaned internally when he spoke, "are we going to talk about this?"

"No, I'm late for work, and I don't have time for this," I huffed while trying to get to an elevator, and he kept up with me.

One thing that I altered is that I managed to get out of his car without Bailey seeing us, however she saw me getting out of his car. So no awkward confrontations with Bailey, other than that. Of course Derek was disappointed when I went inside without him in tow.

"I don't need to talk about it." I said before he could open his mouth, "what part do you not understand that I'm late. L-a-t-e." I drawled out the letters.

"This is getting complicated." He sighed, I scoffed to myself, you think?

"Complicated for me. I'm the intern sleeping with the attending." I wasn't ashamed of speaking around people who has no business of being involved with my life.

"Not that that's a bad thing. If I was a better guy, I'd walk away." Derek shrugged, and I grimaced.

"Yes, you would." I countered, he looked at me with his blue eyes.

"Do you want me to be a better guy?"

"The better question is...do you want to be a better guy, and leave me alone?" I raised my eyebrows.

He shook his head, "I couldn't walk away from you," he admits.

"That's what I thought," I huffed, he looked offended, then the elevator doors slid open.

I rushed to get in through swarm of people, and he followed behind me. I pressed the level of my destination, and he didn't press his destination.

Then we were alone.

"I'm not trying to offend you or anything, I said that because you're predictable." He has no idea how predictable he is.

"Well..." he trailed off, senseless.

~-B-~

"You're late," I said curtly, Cristina shot me a glare, "so are you," she said hastily.

"I know, and I can't afford to piss off Bailey any more. Do you think she'll say something to me about it?" I opened my locker, and shoved my coat in it.