Chapter 29: I'm in deep shit.

"So, that was pretty much it." I poured out all the details of my night in the carnival, with Castle. I felt giddy when I thought about him. Control yourself Emily.

Let it go.

"So, it was a date." Samantha concluded.

"No! It wasn't a date!" I groaned.

Rebecca and Samantha looked at each other a long moment.

"It was." Both of them said together. Wow, it was the first time they agreed on anything.

"You know what? I'm gonna stop right here. It's useless convincing both of you." When you are together. I declared.

"I gotta clean the house." I got up from the bed. "Oh c'mon now! Things were just getting interesting!" Samantha groaned.

"I agree." Rebecca bit of the top of Hershey's kisses. Okay, another first.

"Well, as much as I'd love to discuss my entire love life, I need to get it cleaned in these two days." I dusted my jeans and rubbed my hands together. It was one of the many things I did when I was anxious.

"Please, there has to be a love life to discuss upon." Rebecca snorted.

"I agree." Samantha nodded as she gulped her orange juice. Where's ny best friend?!

"But I guess I agree with Em too." Samantha looked at me. There she is. For a moment I thought I had lost you.

"What?!" Rebecca looked shocked. "

See ?! At least someone is sensible in this house besides me." I grinned, my hands on my hips.

"How can you do this to me?" Rebecca put a hand over her heart. "

C'mon, your mom is coming in two days. Shouldn't the house be clean?" I nodded swiftly but Rebecca just snorted.

"Please. Nothing pleases our mom." Rebecca tossed the wrapper aside.

"You know that's not true!" I defended our mom.

"Of course it is!"

"Tell me one incident." I demanded, crossing my hands across my chest.

"One incident?! Take every incident for example."

"Like?" I raised my eyebrows as I tapped my right foot impatiently.

"Remember when you were first in class?" Rebecca asked. I'm always first in class- good girl problems.

"What did mom do?" She added. "Uh..." I tried to recollect.

"Threw a party? Gave you your favorite dress or accessory? No scratch that. We are talking about you here." Samantha snorted at her own comment. "Another Percy Jackson book maybe?" Samantha asked Rebecca, probably expecting her to agree with her.

"No! She shouted at her!"

"What?" Samantha started coughing and Rebecca passed her the water, nodding her head as if she understood her sudden coughing.

"Yeah! For fifteen minutes!"

"My mom would have finally given me the shoes I always wanted!" Samantha had that dreamy look on her face.

"Not fifteen minutes! You are exaggerating." I told her. Rebecca just glared at me for a long moment, her face having the 'Are-you-kidding-me-look'.

"Fine, maybe." I shrugged. "But it wasn't her fault. I did get less in two subjects." I defended our mom again.

"Just two subjects!" Samantha groaned now.