Chapter 17: Castle's P.O.V:

I hurried out of her driveway as fast as I could. What was up with me? I had made a complete fool out of myself. There, in front of Quartza, I couldn't meet her Dad's eyes. He would definitely be thinking about me as a sucker. Great job Dylan bro. You made a total fool of yourself there. C'mon everyone, clap now! Shutting the voices in my head, I moved towards my house.

Parents liked me. I never gave off that vibe that said mothers keep your daughters locked in. Yeah I was rebellious but I wasn't a bad impression.

Motherfuckers. These irritating thoughts are not leaving my head. I have too much to deal with. Tonight is going to be a remarkable night. I had to have a goodnight's sleep. I banged open the door and entered. My house was quiet for once.

"Who's this?" My Mom came running out of the kitchen with a knife in her hand. Her tensed face relaxed when she saw me.

My mother was a blond, petite, adorable lady who could never seem intimidating. Unless she gets really really pissed. Then Cassie calls Dad and he feeds her his special lasagna. That's what instantly calms her down.

"Jesus, it is you Dylan. I got afraid who entered the house in this way. What happened? Why are you so....frustrated?" She lowered her knife. I held her shoulders.

"This is going to hurt somebody." I gently took the knife from her hand and placed it on the table.

My mother could act reckless frequently. She had to take special care. It's hard to believe she would take care of four children, and surprisingly, we all turned alright. At least I did.

"Hurt somebody? You have hurt almost every guy you have met!" Mom rolled her eyes. For a woman of forty-two she was quite young at heart.

"No, I don't fight with everyone I meet."

"Yes, except the ones that get into your way." She turned towards the kitchen. She was wearing her apron, which she always did whenever she was baking.

"Danny dear. The day you pull a chair for someone inside of hitting them with it, I will say you have grown up." She concluded as she wore her oven mittens.

"I don't want to grow up." I declared as I collapsed on the couch.

"You have to." She muttered and went in the kitchen. I climbed up the stairs to my room.

Ready @ 12? - Bryan.

Sure man. Not a thing to ask -Castle.

I was going to send the message but the thing caught my eye and I replaced the last word with 'Dylan'. Since when do I call myself Castle? What was this girl doing to me?

I quickly erased it and signed off as Dylan.

I sighed as I turned on the TV only to find NBA on. Now I wasn't a huge fan of sports. Sure I enjoyed a game occasionally but I wasn't what you called a sports guy. I was the one who would be there to break the rules, or the troublemaker.

The thing that I liked to do most was read books and write.

Yeah, surprise surprise.

I was the winner two times consecutively of the interstate writing competition. This year, we had to write non-fiction. That is out of my comfort zone.

I need a dose of crazy and the boys always seem to do that for me.

________________________________________________________________