Chapter 3: The Lodges

--- TIME JUMP ---

(One year in the future, Claire is living with Hermione, Veronica and Fred. Fred and Hermione are back together while Hiram is away on business in New York and it's Claire's birthday <3)

Claire stirred as she heard a soft knock on her bedroom door. Hermione peered around the corner to check if she was awake.
"Good morning darling" Hermione said as she walks into Claire's bedroom, her silky robe floating out behind her, a gift box in her hand.
"Good morning Hermione" Claire sat up and rubbed her eyes. She sniffed as her nose caught the smell of pancakes cooking in the kitchen.
"Happy birthday, how does it feel to be 14?" Hermione asked as she sat down on the bed.
"Not much different really" the girl giggled. Hermione handed her the box and smiled. Claire carefully untied the ribbon and lifted the lid. Inside, a gorgeous, black Prada handbag.
"Oh Hermione, this is too much!" Claire exclaimed, taking it out of the box. She hugged Hermione tightly.
"Just a little thing to start the day" Hermione blew her a kiss as she left the room. Claire got out of bed and put on a dark red, short sleeved blouse and a black skirt that stuck out when she spun around. She sat at her vanity table and brushed her hair before gently curling the ends. Slipping on a pair of her favourite black Jimmy Choo's she clicked into the living room where Fred, Hermione and Veronica were sitting at the dinner table eating pancakes.
"Well there's the birthday girl!" Fred exclaimed, standing up and giving Claire a hug.
"Morning Baby Blossom!" Veronica teased Claire, earning a nudge from her mother. "Do you like the bag? It's just like mines" she wisely changed the subject, holding up her matching Prada bag.
"I love it" Claire said as she sat down. She ate her pancakes, they were drizzled in her family's maple syrup. Knowing that made Claire shift in her seat.

A/N
Sorry that I didn't publish any new parts for a while 😅 I've been pretty busy but there will be a more frequent uploading schedule from now on 💘