Chapter 13: Secrets and Sins

A week had past and it was the night of the Lodge's reunion party. Claire was sitting on Alice's bed watching her do her makeup.

"Alice, Do you think Mrs Andrews will like me?" She asked sheepishly. Claire had heard many things about the woman but had never once met her.

"Of course she will babe, Mary is lovely." Alice said putting on some lipstick. Once everyone was ready, the four got into Alice's car and went to Riverdale high.

The outside was decorated with balloons, ribbons and a big banner that read "riverdale high class of '88 reunion" the inside was equally as packed with a large disco ball hanging from the ceiling and tables of food all around the sides of the hall. Hermione and Hiram walked towards them arm in arm. Claire frowned at the sight.

"Alice, Fp, Betty, Claire lovely to see you" Hermione smiled.

"Hermione, Hiram thank you for inviting us. Wow this sure does bring back memories!" Alice said politely looking around.

"Come on Alice, let's go say hello to Fred and Mary." Fp dragged her away before she could say anything else.

"Oh there's Veronica, come on Claire." Betty walked across the room to her friend, Claire following.

After a couple of drinks, Alice and Fp decided to dance to a slow song together. Everyone was dancing when all of a sudden Hermione ran off down the hall leaving Hiram embarrassed on the dance floor.

"Oh, maybe I should check on Hermione." Alice suggested to Fp.

"Okay Ali" he agreed, kissing her before she ran after Hermione. They might have drifted apart after Hiram's return but she couldn't deny that once upon a time they were best friends.

"Hermione" She said quietly, knocking on the door of the middle bathroom stall. Hermione reached up and unlocked the stall door. She was sitting on the floor, vomit in her hair and smeared across her face. "Oh Hermione" Alice exclaimed, bending down and hugging her friend. "Are you okay, drunk, ill?" She asked putting her hand on Hermione's forehead.

"Alice, I'm pregnant" Hermione whispered.

"What!" Alice stood up quickly out of shock. "Have you told Hiram?"

"No" Hermione "it's not his" she said, putting her head down in shame.

"Who's is it's?" Alice asked confused as to who else could be the father.

"Fred's" She whispered

A/N

Dun dun dunnnnn! Anyway sorry for another short one 😢